Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    So my trial of the iphone optimized version of the RTM website ends tomorrow, and I am faced with the decision of whether to spend the $25 to upgrade to Pro. I am honestly not all that enamored of it, and will probably move to something other task management program once it becomes available for the Pre. However, I need something for the mean time, and the mobile optimized version of RTM really does not work too well for me. Plus, I don't really want to have to carry around my iPod Touch.

Since I can just buy Classic for around the same price, I might possibly do that as well, since that way I would get access to a whole bunch of Palm OS programs, though I am not all that familiar with what is available. What do you all think? What are you currently doing for task management?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Well, nobody respinded to me and my day is up. I don't want to pay $25 when I don't like RTM that much, and I only paid $10 for things touch, which I love. I also tried classic, and it didn't cut it for me. So for now, I'll give the mobile interface another try.
    Just buy CLASSIC. Classic actually has a useful feature where it will sound the alarm on the Pre if you have an "alarmed" task due.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Bulls, do you have any suggestions for a good task program that runs in classic?
    Have to agree, didn't like iPhone RTM very much, had to guess too many features. Not very intuitive. I let my trial expire.

On Palm OS I used Life Balance, which I could still install I suppose. It's a good program, but takes some time to master. Since I'm actually trying to simplify my task management ways, I'm going to find a system that works with the Pre Tasks app. I'd say that what's missing from it the most are tags and smartlists. But I think I have workarounds, even if not perfect. I basically want something GTD-like.

Since I've taken to use the Pre more than my PC, I'm not sure I'd even need an online companion though I'd like to back it up at some point, maybe Outlook if Chapura gives us Tasks sync.

P.S. after using some of these apps I got the feeling that the more I expected them to do for me, such as figuring out my next task, the less I was proactive about doing stuff. YMMV.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    RTM FTW.
    Just use the brower, and the RTM mobile site.
    Email notifications of tasks due are just great.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News