View Poll Results: Do you use Tweed's notifications?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 50.00%
  • No

7 31.82%
  • I don't use Tweed. (Everyone likes to vote)

4 18.18%
  1.    #1  
    I'm curious if anyone else has noticed that when Tweeds notifications are on that their battery life gets SUCKED DOWN HARD. I don't know if it's because it's pulling constantly and giving me false positive notifications all the time or what. But I can honestly say I noticed a difference in battery drain with Tweeds notifications turned off.

This is kind of a multi subject thread, so I just went with the software forum as it's most relevant.
    I dunno about getting sucked down hard, but I think I do have better performance with it off. This probably goes along with the other battery tip in the main forum, where you turn off show notification and leave sounds on overall on the device, guessing powering up and powering down the LCD sucks a little extra batt life.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I dunno about getting sucked down hard, but I think I do have better performance with it off. This probably goes along with the other battery tip in the main forum, where you turn off show notification and leave sounds on overall on the device, guessing powering up and powering down the LCD sucks a little extra batt life.
    I'm curious though if this is actually a bug in the notifications of Tweed itself.
    I will actually get a notification that there are new Tweets when there are not, 2 or 3 times. That includes "mentions" notifications that are false.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Don't know about the battery drain, but definitely a bunch of false positive notifications.
    Well, some of the false positives I'll attribute to the notification system detecting one of my own posts as a new tweet. I've mentioned this to tweed and they say that is normal, and that if I want that to stop, then stop following myself. I think the notification system doesn't update what is the latest tweet from your last refresh which can produce some false positives. I suggest you tweet to @Tweed with your issues and they will try to respond with any kind of support. Whenever I post a bug or issue they have always responded to me with support.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Well, some of the false positives I'll attribute to the notification system detecting one of my own posts as a new tweet. I've mentioned this to tweed and they say that is normal, and that if I want that to stop, then stop following myself. I think the notification system doesn't update what is the latest tweet from your last refresh which can produce some false positives. I suggest you tweet to @Tweed with your issues and they will try to respond with any kind of support. Whenever I post a bug or issue they have always responded to me with support.
    I am struggling to find this thread with the how to, for turning off notifications. Could you link it possibly?
    Thanks for the @Tweed suggestion, I didn't even think of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    I am struggling to find this thread with the how to, for turning off notifications. Could you link it possibly?
    Thanks for the @Tweed suggestion, I didn't even think of that.
    Apparently I just realized that show notifications thing was for emails, where you go into email app preferences and each email accounts settings and turn off show notification. Apparently can't do it for overall all device.

And I've been tweeting to @Tweed since the first version, they seriously pay attention to all issues and have replied to everything I've @ed them with even commenting on some mentions.
    Tweed polls Twitter every 15 minutes and is supposed to notify you of new tweets. Obviously, something is wrong with the notification system and Tweed notifies you even when there aren't any new tweets, mentions, or DMs. I just opted to turn off Tweed notifications for the meantime.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Tons of false positives battery life on mine really doesn't suffer due to it though...at least now since doing the CPU Scaling Mod.
    has anyone else noticed that you have to open up tweed after a reset for notifications to work again?
    Not only does it impact battery life, but it also impacts performance visibly -- scrolling is generally jerkier when Tweed's notifications are on.