Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've noticed that very few App Catalog applications seem to have decent icons. Icons are an important part of an application, in my opinion - sure, they don't actually do anything, but don't you want your launcher to look half decent?

The biggest problem I have with App Catalog icons is the iPhone blockiness. The Pre is not an iPhone. Why use blocky icons (i.e. FlightView) when you can use nicer "fluid" (if that's the right term) icons (i.e. Connect 4 Demo, Speed Brain, Citysearch, Flixster)?

Also, another issue: please, provide a no-ads version! I personally don't like ads in mobile applications and I'm willing to pay a few dollars to remove them. I don't believe the App Catalog provides paid application support yet, but can't you do something like Classics with the device activation? I realize this may be too much for many developers, but if you think about it, would you rather earn $3 or $4 from a single user or a few pennies from ads? Offering a free, ad-supported version and a $3 ad-free version would be great and I am sure would be profitable.
    how do we know how much an app costs? I see no prices anywhere?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    how do we know how much an app costs? I see no prices anywhere?!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieck View Post
    I don't believe the App Catalog provides paid application support yet
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'd rather have free apps with advertisements, to be honest. But a no-ad version can be available to those who want it, I guess.