Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    So i was streaming Pandora while doing some yard work. I love pandora and it works great, until the song changes. For some reason it unlocks itself every time there is a new song. So when it was in my pocket and a new song would come on it would do crazy things; pause, next, change stations, open other programs, very bad things imo.

Has anyone else seen this? Is a there a fix? Does it have to do with notifications?
    Must have been pressing buttons in you pocket
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Must have been pressing buttons in you pocket
    So i must have pressed the on button and then magically unlocked it multiply times? i'm buying a lotto ticket...
    I keep it on the Touchstone at work and noticed it pops up the song & artist info when the song changes. I didn't think it unlocked because the time still shows, not the desktop. It's just a small popup across the bottom.

Anyway, I thought this thing had a proximity sensor so it didn't do funny things when you're on the phone or, so I thought, in your pocket? Maybe it's something Pandora needs to enable. Maybe Palm doesn't allow notices when locked so Pandora's workaround was to temporarily unlock...
    It has a capacitive touch screen anyways, It can't do funny things in your pocket...
    I stream pandora as well while the phone is in my pocket and mine is fine. It stays locked. As a matter of fact I have the opposite when I want to skip a song I get aggitated when I have to unlock it (although its not really a reason to get mad). Not sure why you are having a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    I stream pandora as well while the phone is in my pocket and mine is fine. It stays locked. As a matter of fact I have the opposite when I want to skip a song I get aggitated when I have to unlock it (although its not really a reason to get mad). Not sure why you are having a problem.
    Same thing here mine is the oppsoite it does show the song but if I want to skip it I have to unlock it pandora does not unlock it when the song notification pops up. I say delete the pandora app and reinstall it see if that works if you have not already tired that.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    BTW, capacitive touchscreens can work through thin layers of cloth. So the thin layer between the guy's skin and phone will allow the current of his leg to hit buttons. Try it out at home with your shirt or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    If you're using the Palm provided headset, double-clicking the button will skip a song.
    Quote Originally Posted by reyalsnik View Post
    BTW, capacitive touchscreens can work through thin layers of cloth. So the thin layer between the guy's skin and phone will allow the current of his leg to hit buttons. Try it out at home with your shirt or something...
    I'm not doubting that, Mine works perfectly... almost nothing but direct contact works on mine... and I love it... I hated my instinct always answering/hanging up on people
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I was watching it just now and it does popup with the song change, no idea why even.

I started playing with the unlocking of it and it SUCKS. you can tap the the button and then use another finger outside the circle to unlock it. This is bad.

I think I was magically unlocking my phone. This is bugging me.
    I wonder if it helps to turn off notifications when the screen is locked, that way pandora won't be "notifying" you for song changes?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I wonder if it helps to turn off notifications when the screen is locked, that way pandora won't be "notifying" you for song changes?
    Yes, i noticed that. ugh, but i want ti sometimes and i do not others. It should know if its in my pocket!!! use the proximity sensor and the light sensor!
    I think the proximity sensor is only used in the phone application right now.

I have also noticed that the phone will unlock at odd times. For example, I'm on a bluetooth headset, talking, and I turn off the screen and put the phone in my side case. All is well. When the conversation is over, I hang up with my BT headset. Then 30 seconds later I want to take the phone out to play some music in my car. On taking it out, the phone is unlocked, and gripping it to pull it out of the case is dialing numbers. This is not ideal. Not sure why the screen needs to unlock completely when a call ends. Maybe Palm didn't think about completely hands free conversations.

In the grand scheme of things, it's still quite a minor complaint. Once you know what is happening, you can avoid some of these situations. Shouldn't have to, but I like the Pre well enough to put up with some minor issues.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer