1.    #1  
    Hello, I hope to be able to set the Pre eMail app to "plain-text" for message creation. Is this possible, or is it always HTML-formatted?

I have searched the Pre user guide and these forums, but have not found the answer.

My first post, and I haven't gotten the Pre yet, but have been reading many posts here and hope to get one when my Verizon contract is up... THANKS!
  2. wxl
    I was wondering this same thing. There are mailing lists that won't allow posting in HTML.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I am profoundly sorry to have to inform you that this can't be done. Believe me, if it could I would have done it on my Pre. I detest HTML in email.
    Not possible. Sorry. See my other posts on the subject.

Even worse,
    the text/plain part that the phone sends is garbage with HTML escape codes, lack of links for things you are trying to share, etc.

I especially love how you can't keep WebOS from HTML-ifying your signature.

This stuff should at least be an option. If not, at least FIX IT. I don't know why the mail app even bothers with multipart, since you can't mark up anything you are writing anyway. Pointless.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Is anybody listening to us here? Please fix this, and please let us post plain text email.