Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    But the app is still on my phone and working I just worried because I can not delete that it might do something to my phone...I'm just stumped. I was able to delete all the other apps and reinstalled but this tipcal isn't going no where. I thank you for the help thou, is there anyother way...
    ok, it worked for me --

are you holding the orange button and clicking on the app and selecting delete , then delete

then doing it again by

holding down the orange key and clicking on the app and selecting delete , then delete again

the whole process twice !!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It’s so weird because I hold the orange button select delete and delete again and repeat the process but its like on a loop it will keep going meaning I’ve hit delete whiling holding down the orange button and repeated the process several times. It goes away but pops right back up again. Do you know how to bring up the list of apps I’ve installed from homebrewed, not the apps already preloaded on the phone? Maybe I can find it the exact name of the file and then delete it from there…
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You can delete any app by cd'ing to the directory and using rm -rf on the app folder. Must be rooted though.
    someone else posted this , try it

copy you changes and post them .. copy this entire .json file
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yeah I've tried that too but do you know when I'm suppose to enable the rewrite command?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yes i got it!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks itakexrays!!!!!
    thanks for the delete fix.
    I'm glad I can help , being that I am pretty new at this Linux and rooting stuff !!

I need very basic instructions too !!

Credit to PREGAME for finding the solution, I just helped with the instrucions
    i love this app!
    I was wondering if on the next version we can enter our own tax rate (or add 8.75%?) Taxes in CA are now 8.75% (Orange County anyways), and the app only has 8.65% or 9%. But this is such an awesome app!
    Another issue:

Cannot use the decimal button if the last prefix digit typed is a 0

Can use if its not a 0 fine
    It looks like jwz beat you to proper decimal support, PreGame. His own 1.0.5 update includes a "Scrooge" decimal mode.

Version 1.0.5: http://www.jwz.org/tipcalculator/
    How can I get this program deleted without rooting my phone?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Ok i have updated the application to not require a decimal. you just enter the bill and it will add a decimal where needed.
    Thanks for updating the app. there is one problem I have posted the screen-shot. the math is wrong... this is a problem that i am sure transferred over from the original app as i have tried both and they both did the same thing

The tax should be 1.38
    and tip should be 4.60
    Total should be 29.00

this actually happened to me in the restaurant and really confused me. luckily I figured it out ;-)

also why does it say status at the bottom?
    Same problem.

Bill: 50.00
    Tax: 4.00
    Tip: 8.00
    Total: 50.01 (??)
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    fixed and updated to 1.0.2
    The update looks great and functions better by eliminating the need for entering a decimal point (kind of like at the ATM). Unfortuantely the math is still off by one cent on occasion. I assume this is because the app is adding un-rounded values, tallying the total, and then rounding all the values to the nearest cent for display. In the end, the sum of parts doesn't always equal the total (kind of like how the individual %'s in a graph don't always add up to 100% because of the rounding). This is not really a big deal, but if one is to use the incorrect calculations exactly on their bill, it may drive restaurants a bit buggy.

Also, the tax in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland Ohio) is 7.75%. If you add this and 6.75%, you will have the entire state of Ohio covered.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DrNoah; 07/13/2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Typos
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNoah View Post
    The update looks great and functions better by eliminating the need for entering a decimal point (kind of like at the ATM). Unfortuantely the math is still off by one cent on occasion. I assume this is because the app is adding un-rounded values, tallying the total, and then rounding all the values to the nearest cent for display. In the end, the sum of parts doesn't always equal the total (kind of like how the individual %'s in a graph don't always add up to 100% because of the rounding). This is not really a big deal, but if one is to use the incorrect calculations exactly on their bill, it may drive restaurants a bit buggy.

Also, the tax in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland Ohio) is 7.75%. If you add this and 6.75%, you will have the entire state of Ohio covered.

Thanks!
    the application rounds to the nearest 10th place. I am guessing the math is 1 cent off sometimes when you are using a number of persons greater than 1? If so this is going to happen as not all numbers can be divided evenly. 5 divided by 2 is is not going to be even. Someone is going to have to pay that extra cent and the application cannot display it that way so it rounds up.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast