Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    try holding down the orange button and tapping the icon
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    ahhh I see why it cannot be deleted. I will update the application and post a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    If we reinstall TC: Redux in Dev mode via the SDK can we delete it then? Can anyone try that.

Without the email install (sneaky 1.0.4 installed last night) I think I'm gonna have to brave rooting to keep on top of my device.
    no not until pregame updates his app... the problem probably lies in a misnamed code. if my memory serves correct i believe this was the problem with the pimpmypre app that would not delete. in any case pregame is on top of it and i am sure that in no time he will have a fully functional app. furthermore when pregame fixes the app you can install using the SDK method and it should update the app already on your phone
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I am on vacation and don't have computer internet acces right now. I will try and find find a coffee shop tomorrow to update the app
    It'd be appreciated, PreGame, but don't blow your spending money. Vacationland internet cafes are notorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by track1tsu View Post
    does anyone know how to delete tip calc without having the phone rooted. Is that possible? has anyone been successful and can walk me through it?
    Nope, unless the app is in /var/usr/palm/applications you can't delete it without rooting.

If we reinstall TC: Redux in Dev mode via the SDK can we delete it then? Can anyone try that.

Without the email install (sneaky 1.0.4 installed last night) I think I'm gonna have to brave rooting to keep on top of my device.
    PreGame set it to install to usr/palm/applications so you can cd to that dir and run rm -rf <app folder> .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    installed it fine, deleted it fine, installed it again fine.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    actually i found the real issue. the id was incorrect in appinfo.json you need to change ID to org.webosinternals.app.tipcalculatorredux
    Thank You! Updated and deleted.

After the decimal/zero bug is fixed I will be using this version.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    so is there a way to delete this now? i love the app, just want it gone till the decimal bug is fixed.
    Yes ... if you know how to edit the appinfo.json file.

To take a leap of faith, try installing the attached file to your Pre via the Dev Mode/SDK method. This is the file I packaged on my machine. After installing this, I was able to delete the app from the launcher.

If this doesn't work for you, I apologize. I'm a n00b and might be too close to the edge. I have no "risk" to give so it's all yours to take.

EDIT: Attachment removed.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/10/2009 at 07:22 AM.
    After installing this, I was able to delete the app from the launcher.
    When you say "delete the app from the launcher", do you just mean to make it disappear from the launcher? Or do you mean to completely uninstall it?
    I have not rooted my Pre, so I can't answer your question. Others have commented that all apps, Homebrew and App Cat, all leave something behind.

Without rooting your phone and navigating its innards I don't know of a way to verify if an app has been deleted.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/08/2009 at 09:45 AM.
    I'm curious to if this has been fixed. I just added the app today and I tried to delete it but it won't let me. I tried Colonel Kernel's but nothing happens
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Sorry for the delay_ I had a death in the family and will fix it when I return.
    keyhole_s - just checking, are you installing the .IPK I attempted via the Dev Mode/SDK method?

PreGame - take your time, but hurry up ... or something
    keyhole_s - just checking, are you installing the .IPK I attempted via the Dev Mode/SDK method?
    Yes I installed the .IPK you attempted. and I did it in DevMode where you have to put the file on the palm_install.bat file (I think this is the method you are talking about..is it? hehe). Was I not suppose to go this way? I don't trust myself rooting my Pre....

PreGame - It's okay. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by keyhole_s; 07/08/2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by keyhole_s View Post
    Yes I installed the .IPK you attempted. and I did it in DevMode where you have to put the file on the palm_install.bat file (I think this is the method you are talking about..is it? hehe). Was I not suppose to go this way? I don't trust myself rooting my Pre....

PreGame - It's okay. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Just checking, but you also got into Dev Mode via the Konami Code and restarting your Pre?
    how do you change the name of the app ? i have a rooted pre but not too much experience> I did unhide developer mode , so if you give me instructions im sure i can follow them. I want to get rid or the "redux" in the title.

Thanks
    Just checking, but you also got into Dev Mode via the Konami Code and restarting your Pre?
    Yup I did that. Then went into my computer > c: > program files > palm > sdk > bin > palm_install.bat

The application showed up but when I tried to get rid of it, it would just reappear. Even if I moved it then deleted it..it got put back to it's original spot. In the end i took the easy way out and did a full erase on my pre (i know I probably didn't have to..but I had the time so whatever) I thought it would have taken forever but it went by actually pretty fast. I think there was something wrong with my SDK so I removed it from my computer and reinstalled it. I have yet to try it again.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast