102 Global Posts
    Only 29. was 30. Who jumped ship?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same.
    Splash ID - the password thingy
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    The number of apps available is actually decreasing as time goes on. This is the wrong direction!

In other news, apps are starting to show up daily in the homebrew apps section!
    lol, funny that we might have 15 Apps by years end!
    It's been a few weeks already since we got a new app. What is the hold up?
    be good if they got that damn kit out while the buzz is hot. strike while the iron is hot or they may end up like Android. An after thought mostly for the die hard android fans.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    What was wrong with password I'd?
    The new version that was in the app store didn't work right, the save button didn't work. You could press it, but it did nothing. I expect they will get it fixed and back in the app store shortly.
    Originally posted by mecca:
    What was wrong with password I'd?
    It'll be back. SplashID has done it before when they've noted a problem with their beta app. They discovered that you couldn't add new entries from the handheld on their current version. Since you can't sync with the desktop yet, that's not a huge issue for me. I'm just happy I got the app, before they pulled it. I can import my entries from the desktop version and I no longer have to carry my Treo around.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Sorry for not searching. I'm doing this from the phone.......my bad.
    man Palm definitely should have gotten the developers involved way early... the success of the iPhone hugely has to do with the success of the App Store.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    check out the homebrew forum. there are about 6 new apps in there. some cool guys in our own forum have made some good ones.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    check out the homebrew forum. there are about 6 new apps in there. some cool guys in our own forum have made some good ones.
    Where is the homebrew forum....kinda new here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-SC View Post
    man Palm definitely should have gotten the developers involved way early... the success of the iPhone hugely has to do with the success of the App Store.
    i'd argue the success of the iphone has hugely to do with the success of the ipod well before the App Store was a plus.

Additionally the success of phone makers like RIM and Samsung aren't based on the app store so clearly there are ways to be successful outside of that. i'm not saying it's not important. they should have had their act together. it should be out now! But if they make a good product and sell it well, like apple did, they'll be ok.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Supposedly they had "hundreds" of developers on board from the start. I think they overestimated how many of them would actually have apps ready for launch time.

It's possible that they have a bunch in the pipeline and they're just holding them back until they finish the actual app store app itself - since it's major flaw now is that there is no way to charge you for things.

I would suspect many of the early apps are probably pay for apps, and we won't see a lot of freeware until the SDK becomes fully done and released to the public (officially).
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    The iPhone didn't even HAVE the app store until over a year after it launched, and developers started yelling for one.

And it's awful hard to get the developers involved when there's no platform for them to develop on.

WebOS still is missing large chunks of functionality in the API.

Palm has done a good job of getting developers involved. It's simply a question of patience at this point, which is apparently in very short supply around here.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    If you're dying for apps to play with, just go to the dark side on your browser and use the free Web Apps from there. I just went to check it out and there are tons of useless things the fanboys love to use as a distraction from their lack of multitasking.

Here is the site:
    Apple - Web apps - All Categories

Here is a sample. It's an internet connection speed app. It works straight form your browser on the Pre or your PC:
    http://ispeed.info/lite/index.php

If you find something you like, you can just add it to the Launcher just like it's an App.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    The iPhone didn't even HAVE the app store until over a year after it launched, and developers started yelling for one.

And it's awful hard to get the developers involved when there's no platform for them to develop on.

WebOS still is missing large chunks of functionality in the API.

Palm has done a good job of getting developers involved. It's simply a question of patience at this point, which is apparently in very short supply around here.
    True, but when it did launch it had something like 1,000 applications. I'm not sure what's better... Launching something that isn't really ready or delaying and having huge success right out of the gate?? The Mojo SDK almost seems to be trying to split the difference.