Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    USAA has an AMAZING app for the iphone. I will LOVE it when this comes to the pre. It Deposits checks by taking pictures of the front and back. Very cool.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_blogs/...t_do_you_trust
    OMG, thank you SO much!

OK, nevermind, it says the Pre is not supported. Wah wah wah!
    I lurve my Pre! <3
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    USAA = greatest bank ever.

It might take them a year or two to get on board with the Pre, though. :/

Everyone contact them and ask if they're doing a Pre version!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    USAA = greatest bank ever.

It might take them a year or two to get on board with the Pre, though. :/

Everyone contact them and ask if they're doing a Pre version!
    Great idea!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    USAA has an AMAZING app for the iphone. I will LOVE it when this comes to the pre. It Deposits checks by taking pictures of the front and back. Very cool.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_blogs/...t_do_you_trust
    I knew you could already use your scanner to accomplish that but being able to do it with your phone?? That's awesome. You could deposit checks from ANYWHERE with that app. I love USAA
    Speaking of USAA, their mobile.usaa.com site and my Pre came in handy today. Needed a current insurance card to get a loaner car while mine's in the shop - I was able to log in, request an ID card via email, and pull up the resulting PDF on my Pre, all in about two minutes.

--John
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Speaking of USAA, their mobile.usaa.com site and my Pre came in handy today. Needed a current insurance card to get a loaner car while mine's in the shop - I was able to log in, request an ID card via email, and pull up the resulting PDF on my Pre, all in about two minutes.

--John
    Great use of the phone.

USAA is an amazing company.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    As an employee, I was considering contacting the team that created the iPhone app.

However, I was going to wait until the SDK was released.
    That's pretty cool. Now I just need to join the Air Force.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjpearson View Post
    As an employee, I was considering contacting the team that created the iPhone app.

However, I was going to wait until the SDK was released.
    Oh snap! You should contact them for sure - they seem cool enough that they'd start working on it with the leaked SDK. The evernote app seems to prove that the functionality is possible with the current state of the SDK (taking a picture of something and uploading it somewhere).

If you do contact them - and hear anything back - let us know if they have any interest in doing it.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    According to USAA on twitter:

usaa_news Lots of folks asking when iPhone mobile deposit app -http://budurl.com/iPhonedemo - will be out. It looks like early- to mid-August.
    So sounds like the dev team won't even have time to work on a Pre version until the SDK is about out anyway.
    Wow, this can't come soon enough for the Pre. I love USAA!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Thanks I immediately downloaded this for my ipod touch. USAA equals the greatest bank ever!
    Wow first time I have ever heard of this bank... 4 years in the Air Force taught me nothing.
    My family has been with USAA for years.. I was thrilled when I heard about the iPhone app. I am planning on contacting them now about the Pre version. I love their Deposit@Home feature... I can't wait to do that with my phone! lol awesome!

Email sent to usaa!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I love USAA, I hope they can make a Pre app. Only thing that concerns me is the camera doesn't seem to take very good close up pictures of text. I had to send a driver's license pic via mail once and I had a hard time getting a legible pic. The text was always fuzzy.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    "I emailed them about an app and they gave a pretty cookie cutter answer.
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding USAA Mobile Banking. We have not been given a time frame for when and which devices will be added in the future. Since this is still a new feature, we are still working towards having all carriers and devices compatible with the mobile banking option.

We appreciate your feedback and will ensure your comments are forwarded to the appropriate area for further review. It is feedback from members, such as yourself, that allow USAA to offer the high level of service you have come to expect."
    I would love to get a USAA app on the pre. I have downloaded the app for the ipod touch and it works great. What I do like so far is that I don't even have to use the mobile app on the pre if I don't want to, the regular website opens up just fine. I might have to try the mobile version and see if its any quicker.
    Maybe with 2.0 coming out and having a camera API, USAA will be able to do a WebOS app.
    Chase also has a similar app for the iphone, I wish they would also do a Pre app.

I use both; long story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast