Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I downloaded Classic today. I have noticed that it is really buggy and crashes the phone almost every time I use it. However, I have been able to use the app to my advantage. I have java app running on it. For example, that new Bolt browser is running perfectly. I have also added youtube, googlemaps with lattitude, opera mini, and duke3d. They are also working. I am currently working on getting fring to work. I want to see if it will allow sip calls through its access to the internet that the Pre has. I sure hope it works. Will follow up.
    Anybody know where the "FIND" function can be found? the magnifying lens icon is gone
    Hey Bulls, Classic 2.0 makes great use of the Pre's gesture area. You can invoke the PalmOS find function in two ways:
    1) Hold the gesture area (so the white button lights up) and press the "f" key.
    2) Choose Find from the Classic menu

Also, notice that the gesture area toggles the keyboard setting.

I hope that helps, please let me know!

-Roland
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I have WebOS 1.2.1 and the latest classic. I setup a password and let it lock my screen. After I open Classic, if I don't enter any password and just press the "make emergency call" button, it lets me. There is obviously something wrong, because after that the app icons flashes, but still usable. I can get into programs like eReader fine.

I know PalmOS password was never meant to be very secure. However, I think the loophole now is too big and too ease to get over.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    will turbostats work with my pre on classic?
    Must complement customer service. Got a new phone, so Classic was not registered. Sent a message, got a reply in 5 minutes asking for serial number. Sent it, got a reply in 5 minutes that it was now registered on the server. All at 3:00 AM.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Must complement customer service. Got a new phone, so Classic was not registered. Sent a message, got a reply in 5 minutes asking for serial number. Sent it, got a reply in 5 minutes that it was now registered on the server. All at 3:00 AM.
    Itís because we donít sleep. We only emulate sleep.

Thank you prubin.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Itís because we donít sleep. We only emulate sleep.

Thank you prubin.
    Based on the awesomeness of that comment, I'm buying it right now.
    How well is Classic working with Palm Desktop on Windows 7? Has anyone upgraded from Vista x64 to Windows 7 x64?
    hey motionapps...any idea when you migh address the constant freezing issue
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Hey Bulls, Classic 2.0 makes great use of the Pre's gesture area. You can invoke the PalmOS find function in two ways:
    1) Hold the gesture area (so the white button lights up) and press the "f" key.

-Roland
    So how did you find this magic piece of information? I missed it in the documentation.

Are there any other hidden magic Gesture - keystroke combos? (other than the obvious navigation ones and home key ones?)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke View Post
    Strange, I don't get any freezing
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    When we manage to recreate this and find a pattern - so far, only some users reported that they are experiencing this issue. We still did not determine what causes this for the users experiencing it, because there are no common characteristics for them.

We will share all the findings here.
    Follow us on Twitter

not sure if it helps but I noticed that the button on the left that activates the switch keyboard still works when the program is frozen. Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version?

I should also say that over the past week I have also been getting illegal operation shutdowns and the error message says something about the launcher shutting down and the only active program is "connection". Any ideas?
    Assuming you have added lots of PalmOS apps into Classic, have you tried a Hard Reset, and then run a clean install for a few days. This would prove if it was a clash with an installed app or data, then re-install one at a time ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    not sure if it helps but I noticed that the button on the left that activates the switch keyboard still works when the program is frozen. Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version?

I should also say that over the past week I have also been getting illegal operation shutdowns and the error message says something about the launcher shutting down and the only active program is "connection". Any ideas?
    There is no technical way to go back to previous version, so our best advice is exactly what ChasT said:

Try a hard reset and then install one by one Palm OS app to see after which one these issues will reoccur.
    Follow us on Twitter

will do. I disconnected the hotsync component and now get a UiAppShell-psys error every time I even open classic. I will work on the hard reset next week.
    hard reset
    deleted everything from the virtual card
    still freezing and still getting illegal error shutdowns
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Thanks. Seems like lots of steps but if it works I guess I'll get used to it. On the other hand, I could just carry around my old Treo everywhere I go. It runs automatic nightly backups to the mini SD card.

Just gotta decide which is less of a pain until someone comes up with a good outliner for the Pre.
    Any luck in finding a web-based outliner for the Palm Pre?
    I have tons of data in Bonsai.
    Classic is not designed for this kind of application.
    I find it impossible to sync Bonsai.
    And there is no sign that Bonsai's developers are planning to serve the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke33 View Post
    hard reset
    deleted everything from the virtual card
    still freezing and still getting illegal error shutdowns
    Two questions:

1. When does the freezing occur: when you star Classic or some particular app within?
    2. What exactly did you delete from virtual SD card? Folders, files...?
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast