1.    #1  
    Hola,

I'm told Spaz 0.4.11 should be in the app catalog now. Here's what's new:

Spaz 0.4.11 Friday; June 26, 2009

* [NEW] Completely rewritten posting scene
    * [NEW] URL shortening feature via bit.ly (more services coming)
    * [NEW] Text shortening feature to reduce length of posts
    * [CHANGE] Post textbox now has focus on activation
    * [CHANGE] Enter now submits post
    * [CHANGE] Reduced number of options in Help scene
    * [CHANGE] Char count in post scene now updates a little faster
    The best way to ask questions, report issues, make suggestions, etc is on our support site. I'll try to check in here though.

Thanks!
    Last edited by funka7ron; 06/30/2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Durrr... it's 0.4.11
    i think you meant to say 0.4.11 is out today. looks nice. some of things i posted on your site were fixed, i'll update them as i play more with it.

i really like spaz better than tweed bc of the color scheme and that it starts on re-load at the first unread text...helps with conversations.

kudos to nice new update!!!
    Looks nice but no notifications still makes Tweed a better choice for ME.
    so a funny work around....have both aps on your phone, load tweed once in the day so you activate it, close it....this will turn on tweed notifications and it will tell you when to check spaz :-P
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Looks nice but no notifications still makes Tweed a better choice for ME.
    Just for YOU the dashboard notifications (we always used banner notifications) are already in there as of 0.4.12, and can be seen in the current test builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by funka7ron View Post
    Just for YOU the dashboard notifications (we always used banner notifications) are already in there as of 0.4.12, and can be seen in the current test builds.
    Thanks; what isn't clear though is this: Can the program send you notifications while the card (program) is closed?

The reason I didn't see anything about notifications is that there isn't an option to turn notifications on/off that I found.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Thanks; what isn't clear though is this: Can the program send you notifications while the card (program) is closed?

The reason I didn't see anything about notifications is that there isn't an option to turn notifications on/off that I found.
    Not currently. I'm not sure about doing notifications while the app is closed, but presumably it could just be a preference to do them. It will *always* do them when the app is running.

IIRC, getting them to run when the app is closed requires an alarm to be set that wakes the program. On wake, the app has to check for new messages, then shut down in a short amount of time (there's a limit of some sort). I'll investigate, but my time is limited enough that someone else stepping up here to map out how to accomplish it would help a lot. It's currently lower on my list than getting photo posting going, for example.