Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Anyone having GPS problems in the Sacramento, CA area specifically?

This is not specific to the Pre, but GPS in general. Driving through the area multiple times in different cars, I've used a Pre, Hero, Garmin and they all cannot get a strong lock, or one at all. Google maps and Sprint Nav on different platforms can't get a lock. Garmin can get one, but it is weak. The only solution to driving through this area is to load up GPS before entering the area, and leave it on until you leave. At least then it will allow you to use Sprint Nav.
    Position locator is terrible. Gmaps was showing the current location, but the concurrent running P-Nav can't find its own location.

It also loses GPS connection frequently, unable to pull up the next map. The area is Orange County & Los Angeles , CA. metro.

Prefer Gmaps over this apps, unless i wanna hear voice direction.
    This is a response to the OP:

I agree I was surprised it didn't win the engagdet award but then again awards are popularity contests. Anyone who has used Sprint Navigation knows it blows Google navigation out of the water.

@kzmj I haven't had any problems in NC.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Anyone who has used Sprint Navigation knows it blows Google navigation out of the water.
    Except, of course, when Sprint Nav falls over on its face and can't get my location when Google can.
    I never had a problem w/SprintNav.
    I think it's better than any other nav i've used.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have used TeleNav for years. I think this is one of the best versions that they have released even if it is Sprint branded.
    The main issue I have with this application is the fact that I cannot avoid Toll Roads. Blackberry and Windows Mobile Sprint phones do not have this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    The main issue I have with this application is the fact that I cannot avoid Toll Roads. Blackberry and Windows Mobile Sprint phones do not have this issue.
    I do miss that feature from my old Blackberry.

Does anyone know if we'll get an update to the newer v2.8 soon?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    SprintNav was unable to get a route for me yesterday, whereas Google was. A reboot of my phone fixed the problem.
  10. mt8
    I like SprintNAV, but I would like to test it against other NAV systems
    Quote Originally Posted by mt8 View Post
    I like SprintNAV, but I would like to test it against other NAV systems
    I like SprintNav and it's real handy to have it with me all the time, but I still wish I had a stand-alone GPS with maps for backup. On the plus side, I don't have to worry about whether or not my maps are up-to-date.
    Sprint navigation is awesome, if its not working for you it could possibly a hardware issue. I relied on sprint navigation on my drive from Atlanta, Ga to New Jersey which was about 13 hours and it was right on point. I would have been so confused and lost without it going thru DC and Maryland because there interstate system is crazy lol. It got me to every destination that i put in without a problem.
    why can't we send an address from calendar to sprint navigation? ridiculous!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456