Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    I keep getting this message no matter where I am at(outside,in car, in home, in office):
    CURRENT LOCATION NOT FOUND. We could not find your current location. Please make sure you have a clear view of the sky.
    Unless Telenav's servers were down today, or the sky was really cloudy (didn't look too bad), I was getting some strange activity.

When choosing the Map option, it found my location accurately and quickly. But for some reason, choosing "Drive to" option would never be able to pinpoint me and tell me it couldn't connect.

So the GPS was working because it found me on the map, but it couldn't give me any directions.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Unless Telenav's servers were down today, or the sky was really cloudy (didn't look too bad), I was getting some strange activity.

When choosing the Map option, it found my location accurately and quickly. But for some reason, choosing "Drive to" option would never be able to pinpoint me and tell me it couldn't connect.

So the GPS was working because it found me on the map, but it couldn't give me any directions.

I've had the exact same situation happen multiple times, very aggravating. Especially if your just relying on the Pre as your sole GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    I've had the exact same situation happen multiple times, very aggravating. Especially if your just relying on the Pre as your sole GPS.
    I had this happen to me over the weekend, starting Friday afternoon. I was driving down I=95 to Daytona Beach and both my wife and I got the same error (we both have a Pre). Figuring that it was an issue due to motion, we pulled over. Still nothing. So I restarted mine. Still the same result. We fired up Google Maps to make sure it wasnt the Nav, and Google Maps was also flaky. The whole weekend, during my family reunion, I couldnt rely on GPS when I needed it most.

I think I found the solution...even if it was too late. I pulled out the battery (that didnt work) but after I restarted the Pre, I went into the Location Settings and toggled the GPS switch to off. I closed the program and went back in to turn it on. Afterwards, my GPS worked again. Maybe this will help you.
    Thanks BMIC50 and boobo0.

For me, Google Maps and WHERE worked, so I think the GPS was ok (although I can't tell if they relied on triangulation instead of GPS... it was pretty accurate though).

I hope this is just a Telenav issue and will be fixed in future updates.
    I have played with both Spring Nav and Gmaps and find myself using Gmaps more often due to the map view being cleaner and easier for me to follow.

The limited volume makes the Nav audio useless unless I run it through the radio. Also, before I got the extended battery the original battery couldn't support using Nav with music player running and a cell phone conversation. I have a bluetooth headset I use which contributed to battery drain while using these features even if starting with a full charge and charging through the trip.

Yes, I was playing and didn't have to run so many items at once, but if it will do it, why not!
    It didn't work again today, but I did a restart, as some have recommended and then it worked!

So does that mean it's a software problem?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    it seems that when i first use sprint nav i have to open close the app 4-5 times in order for it to find the gps and get the route. Which sucks because i then have to retype the address 4-5 times.

When sprint nav does work it is good but i get tired of typing in addresses 4-5 times when i need to go somewhere.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    it seems that when i first use sprint nav i have to open close the app 4-5 times in order for it to find the gps and get the route. Which sucks because i then have to retype the address 4-5 times.

When sprint nav does work it is good but i get tired of typing in addresses 4-5 times when i need to go somewhere.
    I cant verify that it does this if you dont get the GPS lock, but try going to "Recent Places" and see if it cached your address. Maybe that will help keep you from typing it in again.
    Why is it that when I use sprint navigation and I go to the contacts option none of my contacts address show up?
    Ok this is getting pretty annoying. I can verify that the Pre GPS is working through the "interactive" hardware tests and from WHERE and Google Maps.

But Sprint Navigation/Telenav is not able to use the GPS to find directions for me. And I do not want to restart the Pre everytime I need voice turn-by-turn.

Hopefully this is fixed in 1.2!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I tried it today, and it wasn't nearly as loud or clear as my Magellan, but for a free app, it was handy. It also seriously heated up the back of my Pre, as does Sprint TV. I guess the cell radio runs hot for data. {ProfJonathan}
    I believe the heat is all related to the phones internal components and not the battery. and mainly has to do with the radio or radios depending on if you have Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth running. As the phone is making a call and or data, it will increases its radio I/O to help maintain a good clean signal. and even more if you have a Bluetooth headset running as well. And with anything electronic, once you increases power you increases heat. and from what I have read so far this is "normal" for the Pre. In some cases I have read were someone had all the radios, phone, Wi-Fi, & BT all on while charging and the phone was too hot to touch. I think that was a rare instance and I personally use the touchstone so that is a whole different story there. So in short I would not worry about it unless it gets to hot while you are doing normal activates like just making phone call and it becomes unbearable. Then there might be an issue with the phone. I hope this helps a little if any.
  12. mea
    Mr. Sacherjj, Dude, awesome write up. I had no idea all those features where there. I have used the navigation app in a pinch and I to had a great experience. I was guided to my destination just fine. But, I had thought that many of the extra features would be cool if they where there. I just never fiddled with the app to see if they were. Your write-up (aka, the missing manual) showed me what I was missing. Thansks, Man!!!
    good review, and good app. Though I will note that the review is slightly wrong about needing cell coverage because the app pulls down the map data with the initial lookup, cell coverage is only needed if the route changes.
    Sprint nav is a great app. My only issue, I cant find a good place in my truck to mount the touchstone and still see the screen. Its either has to be too far away or at a very wierd angle. I blame ford, not palm or sprint. ;-)
    I would love landscape view for navigation. And also someone build a sweet mount....even if its just windhshield based.
    Sprint Navigation keeps sending me to invisible Starbucks. Its driving my insane.
    I've been trying it out as a fill-in for when I don't have my Garmin nuvi with me. It works well enough but it will never be a full replacement for the nuvi. The Sprint tool takes longer than the nuvi to recognize when you have gone off-route, leaving the vehicle icon tracking along the old route until the divergence is more significant than what the nuvi reacts to. Some of the routing choices are unusual but they will get you to your destinaton. Today when I was idling at a stop light the Sprint suddenly rotated my direction of travel 180 degrees and told me to make a u-turn. It corrected when I started moving but had to recalculate (whch it seems to occasionally do when not needed). I like the larger screen on the nuvi, the voice directions are louder and clearer, and I have a good windshield mount for it. But Sprint Nav does work well for those times when I only have my Pre with me and I do appreciate having it available. (And yes, the Pre does get warm and the battery gets eaten alive when running Sprint Nav - better have the car charger connected).

Dave
    I have tried running the Repair Utility but it didn't pick up any problems in the scan. I don't know how to use the 'restore specific file' so that may be the trick, if anyone can help me that would be great, I hate using the google maps app...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by connuh View Post
    I have tried running the Repair Utility but it didn't pick up any problems in the scan. I don't know how to use the 'restore specific file' so that may be the trick, if anyone can help me that would be great, I hate using the google maps app...
    I'm having the same problem.
    my sprint navi NEVER gives me problems like any of these. just used to to drive to/from pf changs
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast