Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hey all! What's up?
    My question

How do you think they are gonna make the purchasing of apps system work? Eg. Payment via your sprint account or via credit/debit. Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated.
    nothing much how about yourself?

credit card
    Most likely through your Sprint account. That's how its been done on every phone I've owned so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    credit card
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Really?

apple app store does it with your itunes account linked to your credit card
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Credit card...this isn't a Sprint only OS for long.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I would guess by charging your phone account. But it would be nice if we could setup an account where I could use credit card if we wanted.
    hopefully by credit card. that would mean we would be paying 3rd parties for their apps!
    I think maybe we will link a card to our palm profile and make purchases through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I think maybe we will link a card to our palm profile and make purchases through that.
    this is what I was going to say.

the carriers won't want to mess with the accounting/billing nightmare.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I think they will have you set-up an account and you will link/enter credit card details and make purchases under that account......
    nothing much how about yourself?

credit card
    Quote Originally Posted by richcracker View Post
    this is what I was going to say.

the carriers won't want to mess with the accounting/billing nightmare.
    dude, of course the carriers will "want to mess with the account/billing nightmare" - that way they can take a cut.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    That's what I was thinking. They could work out a way to get a cut.

To me it would be easier if they did it through my bill. I wouldn't mind the whole credit card system though. Also they could set it up so you could buy and app card from your carrier's store as well.... Idk.
    apple app store does it with your itunes account linked to your credit card
    Or you can link it to PayPal which does NOT require a credit card. Not that I mind using a credit card but PayPal is pretty convenient. If anyone is listening....I hope PayPal is one of the options.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    I feel like i stepped into the Instink forum as the braintrust here goes to pot. It's Palm's app catalog. Sprint has nothing to do with it. Geez..
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Db!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    They need to bring back Palm Desktop.

We have a Palm ID already so why not make it so you can store your CC info and make it easy to buy apps from your desktop? Even with 30 apps in the phone store then it's tough to find anything, so what will they do when there's 30,000 apps and the only way to browse the catalog is on your phone.

Also, since Palm already backs up our PIM info then why not make it accessible so we can edit/manage our contacts/calendar from a desktop app. I know they want to move to the cloud but an option to stay here on the ground would be nice too.
    I hope they use a credit card! My account is a business (hooked up to my dads company) so I wont be able to just buy what ever app I want.

I also would'nt mind if they teamed up with a thrid party to keep all the apps in a thing like itunes... there is no reason they cant come out with a program just like itunes that is for the pre specifically.
    The Pre does WORK
    I'm hoping for a credit card or PayPal option. My husband is the primary accountholder and there's no reason for him to get stuck with my app bill on top of my paying for my line too!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast