Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    who will buy an app when we will be able to apply 3rd party mods when sdk is released
    Depending on the app and it's price I'd buy apps. Am I the only one who doesn't use paypal? I guess I don't understand the significance of using it instead of paying directly with a CC or pay later by being billed. The obvious answer to payment method is to offer as many options as possible to open up sales to the widest number of people. My obvious favorite apps are open source and free. But I do buy apps that are worth the price they are asking. One thing I didn't like about blackberry was app not worth the price they asked for them for the ones I wanted or needed. I really would like to see the app scene escalate almost one month from release and almost nothing but updates. Not that updates aren't a good thing but I had rather expected one month after release to have about 100 apps out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Or you can link it to PayPal which does NOT require a credit card. Not that I mind using a credit card but PayPal is pretty convenient. If anyone is listening....I hope PayPal is one of the options.
    Ditto.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Linked Paypal seems to make the most sense, any word on what the first pay app will be?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I don't think (for me) Paypal is such a big deal from a company like Palm. I think in this case, Palm could very well act like Paypal much like iTunes does for various developers. Every time you use your credit card, you are giving someone your information that could potentially be stolen and used without your knowledge. I know there have been situations where waiters in restaurants will copy credit card numbers and sell or use the information to later make fraudulent cards. I like having the ability to use Paypal at this great priced Chicago based (I am in LA) online store where I don't really know how reputable they are. Sure, they seem fine. But it isn't worth the hassle. For other people, they can link up a checking account to never deal with crdit cards or sending e-checks. Personally, I hate the idea of giving ANY company a direct link to my bank account. I can fight it out with credit card companies. If the money os gone from your bank account, it is gone.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Depending on the app and it's price I'd buy apps. Am I the only one who doesn't use paypal? I guess I don't understand the significance of using it instead of paying directly with a CC or pay later by being billed. The obvious answer to payment method is to offer as many options as possible to open up sales to the widest number of people. My obvious favorite apps are open source and free. But I do buy apps that are worth the price they are asking. One thing I didn't like about blackberry was app not worth the price they asked for them for the ones I wanted or needed. I really would like to see the app scene escalate almost one month from release and almost nothing but updates. Not that updates aren't a good thing but I had rather expected one month after release to have about 100 apps out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12