View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Camera? You mean video? EverNote already uses the camera.
    ya palm has opened the api for taking pictures
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vcetina View Post
    Emailed them too. Im using a free app on my pre "guitarist´s reference", the splash screen shows something like this:
    "
    Thank you

Thank you for using Guitarist´s Reference free version. Please purchase pro version............Have more features such as: Guitar Tuner,........."

I supose this means they can actually use the Pre´s microphone to tune your instrument.

I hope a shazam version for the pre isnt too far away.
    It could just be that it will play a tone for you to listen to so you can tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0sh097 View Post
    It could just be that it will play a tone for you to listen to so you can tune.
    haha that would be kinda crappy but it would work I guess. I would rather wait till a better tuner came out if that's the case.
    Shazam isn't the only developer that makes this program. When I was on WM there were two other separate developer's making the same thing. I know no one can really do anything with the API's locked up but I'm just saying we don't have to relay on Shazam.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    The ones I have used before that weren't shazam worked almost perfect.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    The ones I have used before that weren't shazam worked almost perfect.
    gat a name or link to these others? I searched for alternatives and didn't find any.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    can someone just use the unsupported api and put the app in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmc2010 View Post
    can someone just use the unsupported api and put the app in preware?
    I assume you mean palms mic api. Ya, that would be possible if we had a server to interface with that served up digital signitures from a huge database of music. I do not know of any besides shazams. I have not done alot of research though.
    Shipped off Shazam an email, got a different response from our buddy Van Damn.

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, I’m not entirely sure when a version for Palm handsets will be available. It will happen, but there is currently no date for it to be launched.

Full details of any new release would be made available on our website prior to launch date.

I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Van Damn

Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude808 View Post

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, I’m not entirely sure when a version for Palm handsets will be available. It will happen, but there is currently no date for it to be launched.

Full details of any new release would be made available on our website prior to launch date.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Van Damn

Customer Services
    nice, good news for sure. Hope it is true. I have needed this app so many times since I got the pre.
    That is an automated response or similar to one. I received the exact same message months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    That is an automated response or similar to one. I received the exact same message months ago.
    I don't doubt that it is automated but it is a change from the response I got when I emaiiled. I believe it is posted on one of the first pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude808 View Post

Hi there

Kind Regards,

Daniel Van Damn

Customer Services
    That's promising the response i got didn't include that it WILL HAPPEN can't wait i hope it's soon
    iwant it reel bad too
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Who exactly made that amazing Shazaam app? was it Apple? because whoever coded that ******* was a smart cookie...

Imagine if Palm had one? I'd pay $10 for it
    Apple didn't invent Shazaam, it was actually around long before it was implemented into smartphones. When I was young it was a landline service that you ring using your home phone, hold the receiver up to the music and then it identifies the music for 50 pence (approx 80 cents in the US).

Once Palm introduces proper developing tools I'm sure we'll see an implementation of Shazaam on WebOS.
    This was the first app I went looking for when I got my Pre. Definitely disappointed when I didnt find it.
    I am looking for a Shazam like program for webOS
    these cannot happen until palm gives developers access to the microphone.
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    go to the shazam website & express your want. email palm & tell them too
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    *bump* +1, give us the microphone api, and give us Shazam!... or liberty, or death, or something....
    Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 850 pro (Microsoft finally beats me?)...No! Saved by Palm, yay Prē!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast