View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Yeah and that really sucks... I cant wait for them to get out a better sdk... Hopefully its quick because an app like that is big for me and id pay up to 10.00 dollars for it... Ive been thinking about getting a android phone and keeping my pre until they catch up...
    I'd rather Palm does it right rather than rushes things out the door. They brought out Mojo in its current form, and we're going to watch it evolve and expand over the course of the next few months. As long as we're patient, good things will come. Palm knows that in order to stay relevant in this market, they need to open up as much as possible. We can see by the hiring of the AMD engineer for the graphics core that they're definitely taking things seriously. We're in good hands
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeratain View Post
    I'd rather Palm does it right rather than rushes things out the door. They brought out Mojo in its current form, and we're going to watch it evolve and expand over the course of the next few months. As long as we're patient, good things will come. Palm knows that in order to stay relevant in this market, they need to open up as much as possible. We can see by the hiring of the AMD engineer for the graphics core that they're definitely taking things seriously. We're in good hands
    your right Jeratain, people just need to be patient great things are not made overnight.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    palm isn't dumb, they know what they are doing
    Any updates? Does anyone know if Shazam is in the works?
    Quote Originally Posted by tj_trail View Post
    as of 1.2.1 the public sdk still doesn't allow microphone access. I'm sure it will sometime. Soon hopefully...
    Thank you for properly searching the forum and posting a question where it belongs instead of creating a MILLIONTH shazam question thread!!!!!!!!

As they ^^^^ said the API for the mic is still under lock and key by palm so no new news...
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Thank you for properly searching the forum and posting a question where it belongs instead of creating a MILLIONTH shazam question thread!!!!!!!!

As they ^^^^ said the API for the mic is still under lock and key by palm so no new news...
    haha, you're welcome.

I've read some info regarding a new release for the WebOS. 1.3 I believe. I apologize for being a noob and all that comes with it, but do we know if this microphone usability is somethig that is going to be released in WebOS 1.3?
    haha, you're welcome.

I've read some info regarding a new release for the WebOS. 1.3 I believe. I apologize for being a noob and all that comes with it, but do we know if this microphone usability is somethig that is going to be released in WebOS 1.3?
    I doubt well know till the updated sdk gets released along side with the os update. Even if they do add mic support, its up to the folks who make shazaam to port it. I don't believe there are any alternatives.
    I sent an email months ago and never got a reply. By now, you think the Shazam folks would have a work around hack on their end.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
    I sent an email months ago and never got a reply. By now, you think the Shazam folks would have a work around hack on their end.
    Not without the proper API...
    Anyone know if 1.3 showed any kind of hope for allowing mic access?
    Emailed them too. Im using a free app on my pre "guitaristīs reference", the splash screen shows something like this:
    "
    Thank you

Thank you for using Guitaristīs Reference free version. Please purchase pro version............Have more features such as: Guitar Tuner,........."

I supose this means they can actually use the Preīs microphone to tune your instrument.

I hope a shazam version for the pre isnt too far away.
    The app isn't very complicated, it just records the music for a short period then uploads it to their servers for processing.

Once Palm opens the mic API someone could probably write the app in a day, if they wanted to.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The app isn't very complicated, it just records the music for a short period then uploads it to their servers for processing.

Once Palm opens the mic API someone could probably write the app in a day, if they wanted to.
    I'm pretty sure shazam does not have a open api so I don't think any one will write a app. I searched for the api a while back and couldn't find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by vcetina View Post
    Emailed them too. Im using a free app on my pre "guitaristīs reference", the splash screen shows something like this:
    "
    Thank you

Thank you for using Guitaristīs Reference free version. Please purchase pro version............Have more features such as: Guitar Tuner,........."

I supose this means they can actually use the Preīs microphone to tune your instrument.

I hope a shazam version for the pre isnt too far away.
    I am not sure if this is possible but that app might use the vibrations from the tone gathered by the accelerameter as that app is in the app catalog. Palm would rejected it because they used a closed api as they did the music app awhile back.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Current SDK 1.3.1 doesn't have access to hardware (ie: mic, camera)
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I'm pretty sure shazam does not have a open api so I don't think any one will write a app. I searched for the api a while back and couldn't find anything.
    I meant the company that makes Shazam could do it in a day.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    Current SDK 1.3.1 doesn't have access to hardware (ie: mic, camera)
    Camera? You mean video? EverNote already uses the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I meant the company that makes Shazam could do it in a day.
    ya I doubt it would set them back much.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast