View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Here is the response from Midomi:

Hello!

Thanks for showing interest in our app. We are really excited about our new application and happy to know you would like to use it! We are in the process of developing the midomi app for other phones. I will be happy to notify you when we are available on the Palm platform. We currently have a list of supported phones so far:
    Search for Music Using Your Voice by Singing or Humming, View Music Videos, Join Fan Clubs, Share with Friends, Be Discovered and Much More For Free! - midomi.com

Thanks so much, and we really do appreciate your support. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate in contacting me. Keep Singing!
    --
    Sincerely,
    Catherine G
    support@midomi.com
    I think I used Shazam maybe three times in as many years. Funny thing, it only seemed to work when testing. When I actually needed to know the name of a song, I could never get it to work right!
    Shazam says that we wil get app on Pre but does not know when. Does anyone else want this app besides me? Oh yea my first post here, been coming for awhile decided today was a good to join..

Hello Pre World
    Jeez... Not another one...
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Oh, is there a thread about this already, did a search and did not find anything. BTW wrote the people at Shazam and this was there response:

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, I知 not entirely sure when a version for Palm handsets will be available. It will happen, but there is currently no date for it to be launched.

Full details of any new release would be made available on our website prior to launch date.

I知 sorry I couldn稚 be of more help.
    oh no! not another snobby know it all who makes himself feel important on forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    yea seriously.. who the hell uses myspace anymore? its one the biggest busts in the history of the internet, went from the most popular url in the world to a ghost town overnight.
    Wow... Pot calling the kettle...
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxxboy View Post
    Oh, is there a thread about this already, did a search and did not find anything. BTW wrote the people at Shazam and this was there response:
    Yeah there's been several requests/questions already, although most don't even know the name of the app, which may be why a search didn't turn anything up. The response you posted is probably the most definitive answer I've seen so far ... so thanks for that. At least you didn't ask about the t-pain app 8^).

The main issue with this (and many other audio-related apps) is that Palm hasn't given developers a way to access the mic in the Pre yet. Seems like an obvious problem in a device like this, so hopefully they will fix that soon.
    *** is Shazam?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxxboy View Post

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, I知 not entirely sure when a version for Palm handsets will be available. It will happen, but there is currently no date for it to be launched.

Full details of any new release would be made available on our website prior to launch date.

I知 sorry I couldn稚 be of more help.

No worries... The proper spelling is shazam(if you were spelling it correctly I have no idea why the several threads on this did not pop up) that's why you didn't find the numerous threads on it. Currently the API that deals with the mic is still being hidden by Palm. That's why we still don't have Voice Dial among other things... Not Shazams fault...
    Last edited by luvmyq9c; 10/22/2009 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Spellinggggg
    No worries... The proper spelling is shazaam that's why you didn't find the numerous threads on it.
    No, it's not :P

www.shazam.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, it's not :P

www.shazam.com
    D'oh!!!

Thank you sir!
    I emailed the shazam people as the app is something i really like on the ipod touch/iphone.

i got this reply

"Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, I知 not entirely sure when a version for Palm handsets will be available. It will happen, but there is currently no date for it to be launched."

Guess we just need to be patient, the devs for big apps like this are making pre versions, its just taking them a while
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    They won't be able to do it until Palm puts mic support into the SDK. Right now there is not a way for third party apps to access the mic. There may be other holdups, but that is the most significant one for this kind of app.
    s219 is right. It should be very easy for Shazaam to port their app once Palm includes this API call.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    They won't be able to do it until Palm puts mic support into the SDK. Right now there is not a way for third party apps to access the mic. There may be other holdups, but that is the most significant one for this kind of app.
    that or if they have a special relationship with palm giving deeper access ala classic
    Yeah and that really sucks... I cant wait for them to get out a better sdk... Hopefully its quick because an app like that is big for me and id pay up to 10.00 dollars for it... Ive been thinking about getting a android phone and keeping my pre until they catch up...
    couldnt agree more! Shazam is THE app im waiting for....cant believe it wasnt on the first launch of apps with Pandora
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Considering how big of an app this would be, Palm would probably be willing to let them use the API...
    sorry off the subject but (youngzayiles) your theme is sick!!!!! where did u get that from?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast