View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Doesn't the video recorder w/ audio sort of point out that using the mic on the Pre within apps IS possible?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Doesn't the video recorder w/ audio sort of point out that using the mic on the Pre within apps IS possible?
    Of course it's possible... But Palm has not given the API to implement the mic. When Palm makes video available, it will most likely be from Palm directly since they can do anything.

People may develop it through homebrew like that person did with his player, but without a supported API, it will stay a homebrew app.

Maybe the makers of Shazam will go homebrew first? It's free on the iPhone so no harm to them and when they can put it on the Palm App store, they will.
    I second that request. Shazam would be great.
    I want shazam too.
    I just sent them another email asking when it will be available for WebOS.
    Shazam is great. I had it on my Blackberry's, the iPhone (for the week I had the iPhone), the G1 and would love it on the Pre.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    +1 here. Sometimes I hear a song, grab my Pre, and then realize there's no Shazam...
    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    +1 here. Sometimes I hear a song, grab my Pre, and then realize there's no Shazam...
    SOOOOOO agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most important app im lacking!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    A crappy Disney movie.

Bwhahaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not possible yet, no microphone support in the SDK.
    That's really odd of Palm to not include mic support. Shazam is a pretty cool App for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    That's really odd of Palm to not include mic support. Shazam is a pretty cool App for sure.
    Guarantee it's there, Palm just hasn't opened it up yet.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Who exactly made that amazing Shazaam app? was it Apple? because whoever coded that ******* was a smart cookie...

Imagine if Palm had one? I'd pay $10 for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Who exactly made that amazing Shazaam app? was it Apple? because whoever coded that ******* was a smart cookie...

Imagine if Palm had one? I'd pay $10 for it
    Agree with the search function, I don't know how many post about this exist...

Short answer it won't be out or voice dialing or voice memo untill Palm allows deeper access to the sdk that deals with the mic...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I think it mainly depends on if they have access to the mic for the SDK, can anyone verify that we have access to it? Shazaam was a pretty neat app, but by far the best app that I encountered was on Android and it was Shop Savvy. That is the most bad *** app I've used yet. Not only is it unique (scan barcode to show item's price) but it also compares the price locally and on the web, and gives you directions to the store. This app was free, and it saved me over $150 (no lie). I loved it and I would definitely pay $3-5 for this app.

Also, Shop Savvy would need access to the camera. So there are two apps that are amazing and sadly blocked out by the underdeveloped SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2man07 View Post
    I think it mainly depends on if they have access to the mic for the SDK, can anyone verify that we have access to it? Shazaam was a pretty neat app, but by far the best app that I encountered was on Android and it was Shop Savvy. That is the most bad *** app I've used yet. Not only is it unique (scan barcode to show item's price) but it also compares the price locally and on the web, and gives you directions to the store. This app was free, and it saved me over $150 (no lie). I loved it and I would definitely pay $3-5 for this app.

Also, Shop Savvy would need access to the camera. So there are two apps that are amazing and sadly blocked out by the underdeveloped SDK.
    Bingo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2man07 View Post

No access to the mic, sorry, hopefully palm will address this quickly
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    No access to the mic, sorry, hopefully palm will address this quickly
    Damn, but I do know that once we do get access, these two apps, or something very similar, will show up.

For those who haven't heard of ShopSavvy : Big in Japan | ShopSavvy Android
    A lot of threads on this topic, but where is Shazam and/or Voice Recoding?

I was at a club, really liked the tune, but off course no Shazam, and worse yet no Voice recording for me to go on my PC and use tunatic or something to find it.

Getting a little ridiculous.
    I agree Shazam is probably one of the, if not the, best apps to have and they still have not come out with one. Come on people, we can do it!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly I remember reading something on how Shazaam currently has no plans for making an app for us.

But, I just emailed and asked them.

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/contactus.html

I'm sure the more people that ask, the more likely they are to look in our direction.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast