View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I know it sounds stupid but my girlfriend and I just left the iphones behind and love the pre, but our favorite app was shazam and it is a huge let down thats it not on the pre but on android phones and lots of older phones and blackberrys!! I mean come on thats an app that i used so much that i genuinely feel gipped in that department. I know I sound lame but cant help it....we both love everything else about the pre minus the usb door
    If there is one app i would want its this one.
    Why So Serious?
  3. 8er
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Yes, it would be great.
    Looks like it's unlikely for Shazam to appear on the PRE soon, at least until Palm includes voice API in the SDK.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hazam-com.html
    if anyone can make this my wife loves this app ..would be great if it can be done all some a have a copy of tomtom id like to be made a ipk and used on pre tela nav is trash and sucks bad always hated it
    Midomi is sooo much faster. It also has a "hum/sing" mode where you can hum or sing a song and it's really, really good!! Midomi is so much better than Shazam!!
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    As far as I know, the microphone isn't accessible with the current SDK.
    I know this has been posted before, but I am hoping that Shazam comes to the Pre. I have sent e-mails to the company, and so have hundreds of others.

It is such a great program, and would really be a let down if Shazam didn't make a WebOS version. I am hoping there isn't some exclusivity agreement with Apple or Blackberry or anything, that would not allow it on other smart phones.
    Not possible yet, no microphone support in the SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not possible yet, no microphone support in the SDK.
    **** man...Other than the GPS, it is the only app on the Pre that I really want and was looking forward too. Even Verizon app store has that program.
    What's a Shazam?
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    What's a Shazam?
    A crappy Disney movie.
    http://www.shazam.com/music/web/home.html

Shazam is pretty cool... hasn't failed to identify a song yet. And surprisingly comes in handy where you can be anywhere, restaurant or party or friends, you hear a song and wonder what it is... run shazam while the song is playing and it finds it for you. surprised it's a free app.

What's a Shazam?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    What's a Shazam?
    Click on the first link
    OK, now I want this too. They've got it for every other platform. Palm!!! Give us a mic API!
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    i love this app...one time i was in a strip joint with a few friends and there was a crazy techno song playing. I grabbed my friends iphone and found out right away what it was. Now, if it was my pre...i would have just copied it, saved it in a memo and downloaded when i got home
    I also bought the palm pre totally thinking that shazam would be on it. All the other phones had it for years already. My girlfriend and I used it on our iphones all the time, and love our pres just cant stand it that there is no shazam!! Honestly i think its lame that it wasnt one of those basic apps like pandora. Anyway sorry for the *****ing
    I think we all want this app (It really is quite good). We just have to wait until Palm loosens the leash on the API's.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It is a great app and hopefully palm will get with the program, it will be one of my most missed apps.
    totally thats the only thing i miss from my iphone....nothing else really
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast