View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Submitted my request as well
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I submitted an inquiry. Ol' Dan Van Damn emailed back the same message that others received.
    email and got the same.
    I would definitely use this one a bunch
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Used the contact link by imex99 and chose "Product Comment or Suggestion" ...

"Hello.
    I have just brought a Palm Pre.
    I've seen your product used by others and their cellphones and would really love it if Shazam could be available for the Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    Kedar"
    Unfortunately, according to the Palm webOS rough cuts book, it doesn't look like applications have the ability to use the microphone for gathering sound input. But I'm sure that feature is probably in the works for a later release of webOS.
    Shazam!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ken@weboshelp.net View Post
    Unfortunately, according to the Palm webOS rough cuts book, it doesn't look like applications have the ability to use the microphone for gathering sound input. But I'm sure that feature is probably in the works for a later release of webOS.
    So this means no voice recorder either? No voice dialing? This has to be coming.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Ya, if they don't allow this among other things. This phone is going to be extremely limited. I am glad gaining root is so easy. But not every one is a tech geek. I doubt palm is going to limit it this much. People will be dropping it and moving on to the *cringes* iphone. I might just pick up sprints first android phone if palm keeps this closed off attitude. I love this os but if I can't do what I need/want to with it it is usless to me.
    Sorry bout the rant.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I want my Shazam!!! I used it a lot on my iphone!
    Emailed!
    The following is a reply from Shazam. I know a lot of people have gotten the same response, but everyone should e-mail, they will get the hint eventually.

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, Iím not entirely sure when or if a version for Palm handsets will be available.

Full details of any new release would be made available on our website prior to launch date.

Iím sorry I couldnít be of more help.

Kind Regards,

Dan Van Damn

Customer Services

t: +44 (0) 845 600 3956

Shazam Entertainment Limited
    Charles House 4th Floor
    375 Kensington High Street
    London
    W14 8QH

P Please consider the environment before printing this document

This e-mail and its contents are strictly private and confidential. It must not be disclosed, distributed or copied without our prior consent. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify Shazam Entertainment immediately on: +44 (0) 207471 3440 and then delete it from your system. Please note that the information contained herein shall additionally constitute Confidential Information for the purposes of any NDA between the recipient/s and Shazam Entertainment. Shazam Entertainment Limited is incorporated in England and Wales under company number 3998831 and its registered office is located at the address set out above.
    I love how you put the copyright in there as well :P
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I love how you put the copyright in there as well :P
    Lol...I never agreed to any confidential terms or anything. Maybr Shazam should tell you that before you e-mail them. Still wouldn't be binding though.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I followed suit and sent an EMAIL as well. thanks for the link.
    this would be nice.
    Emailed one more request.
    I was wondering if anyone out there is working on an app that recognizes songs, similar to Shazam?
    I voted yes, but im pretty sure it isnt possible with the current SDK. In fall, when the app catalog launches, and the SDK improved, it will come. give it time
    its not possible as the sdk doesn't have mic apis right now
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast