View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Check out Keyboss.
    Ah, I remember now. From that link it looks like you are going to get your wish.
    Does anyone know when or if either of these two will be
    available for the Pre? When I Google this I get a lot of old
    2009 info but little of late.

It seems what was holding this up was the SPK/PDK for the
    Pre which did not have access to the mic for recording.
    My understanding was that that was coming even before
    the HP takeover and with all that cash/rescources of HP
    I'd have thought this would be a reality by now.

Does anyone have any CURRENT info on this?

Thanks

MB
    Yes, the mic api will be available in webOS 2.0 which has already been released to Early Access devs and will hopefully drop this year.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Has anyone emailed Shazam since the 2.0 SDK was released?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    My Dad just got an Atrix, and my brother has (I don't even know and didn't think to look) some Android phone. First smart phone for them, so while I was out west on vacation last weekend, I took a little time and figured some things out for them. So I introduce SHAZAM!, which neither of them had even heard of.

How embarrassing, for me, showing them this "COOL" app that "EVERYONE" must have.

I thought this worked for EVERY song. First song I tried, "The 100th Meridian -- The Tragically Hip", not an obscure song, by any means. 3 times in a row, no dice.

"Shoot to Thrill -- AC/DC" did work and a few others.

Still, kinda cool app, but disappointing that the VERY FIRST song I try, doesn't work.

(I'm not missing it)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Most songs I have tried worked when I had it. Only one I have had it fail on that I can remember is one of my own. Their database can't have everything but it has come in handy for me in the past.
    I've had it fail about 1 out of every 100 uses...yup, I broke down and got a HTC EVO Shift and am loving it. yeah, I miss the ease of use and actually like WebOS better, but the lack of features and apps pushed me over. hell we don't even know when or if Sprint will get a replacement.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I'm sure it works as advertised, BUT..... the very first song I try, and again, it isn't an obscure never heard of before band, or a famous band's obscure and unheard of song. Just a funny anecdote about a first time use.

#5 on the list of Top Canadian Bands of All Time (Wiki) is "The Tragically Hip".
    Fully Completely is the third full-length album by Canadian rock band The Tragically Hip. It reached #1 on the RPM Top 100 albums chart, their second album to do so.[1] The album is listed at #5 on The Top 100 Canadian Albums by Bob Mersereau and #9 on The Top 102 Modern Rock Albums of All Time by 102.1 The Edge. The album was certified Diamond in Canada in January 2007.

That song was a single off of that album. While Shazam might not have EVERY song in it's database, one would think/expect that something that's rated so high would at least have that in it's archives.

just sayin'
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Was it an obscure rendition of it?

I think Shazam only works with the officially recorded rendition.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post

No, just the plain old off-the-CD version. Funny how if you scrobble music through last.fm....it doesn't matter what you call the song, it still knows the proper name of title/artist by soundprint and auto-corrects it for you. I've yet to see a single song it doesn't know what it is.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Last.fm depends on ID3 tags, while Shazam is something completely different.
    I had many songs that I couldn't find (especially some remixes in known songs), but I still miss it for the dozens of songs it helped me find.
    Along with a true world processor and a good MSN/Facebook client, Shazam is the thing I miss the most in webOS.
    I just found this thread, did H/Palm EVER fix the mic API?
    I emailed Shazam just a few days ago. They have no intention, at the current time, of releasing a webOS version of their application.
    i'm thinking screw Shazam and try for Soundhound instead.
    tooearly likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post

It works only with digitally encrypted music, which usually is the original artist and a recent release or rerelease.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I emailed Shazam just a few days ago. They have no intention, at the current time, of releasing a webOS version of their application.
    did they write that? I also emailed them recently and recvd the boilerplate reply that they will take it under consideration.
    Here's what I got:

Hi Josh,

Thank you for being a part of the SoundHound community! Unfortunately, we c
    urrently do not have a compatible version for WebOS, though we hope to have
    one the future. Would you like to be notified when this is available? If s
    o, please let me know. In the meantime, you can use our search feature on t
    he web at Search for Music Using Your Voice by Singing or Humming, View Music Videos, Join Fan Clubs, Share with Friends, Be Discovered and Much More For Free! - midomi.com, or else use one of our SoundHound compatible devi
    ces.

Best,

Rachel

SoundHound User Support

SoundHound Inc.

Follow us on Twitter: SoundHound (SoundHound) on Twitter

"Like" us on Facebook: SoundHound | Facebook
    Sprint Love
    Any updates on this?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415