View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 95.00%
  • No.

1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

1 2.50%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    any word from CES on if the mic (or camera for that matter) will be accessible for apps like Shazam?
    I don't know if I'd use it that often, but it's still amazingly cool and worth having.

Surprisingly good at picking up faint recordings also in noisy areas.
    I heard that in 1.3.5 the mic api is accessible to devs. Can anyone confirm this? May it be that we could possibly be seeing shazam soon?!?
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    shazam plz
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    shazam plz
    just got my pre and i love it (minus the fact there is no shazam)

i used the link and sent them a message

+1 to this thread
    Im so glad Palm is picking up steam and moving forward but Im still missing an app like Shazam or anything like it. Anyone know if anything is in the works???
    The PDK is only available to Gameloft and EA right now (I think there might've been one other company too).
    It will be released to everybody else in March.
    Thanks I didnt know that cant wait for those apps.
    I don't think the pdk has anything to do with it.

is there any evidence in the new apps voice can be implemented? If not than chances are it's still something which needs to be added to the sdk and might even be available sooner than march.
    I think if that kind of app came out I would be completely content with my Pre and love it even more!
    if video recording is in there, wouldn't that include audio? I saw a pre video record sample that had audio in it.. ??
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The PDK is only available to Gameloft and EA right now (I think there might've been one other company too).
    It will be released to everybody else in March.
    Glu Mobile was the third developer that released 3D games at CES (Glyder 2). I'd be willing to be that other developers have access, however--you can sign up for early access at the developer's site, and I'm willing to bet that Palm is letting some folks in with important/highly visible apps get early access.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Glu Mobile was the third developer that released 3D games at CES (Glyder 2). I'd be willing to be that other developers have access, however--you can sign up for early access at the developer's site, and I'm willing to bet that Palm is letting some folks in with important/highly visible apps get early access.
    Like Popcap hopefully!! I really want some mobile plants vs zombies.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Like Popcap hopefully!! I really want some mobile plants vs zombies.
    I second the Plants vs. Zombies comment.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Tune Your Guitar, Free, by JDF Software: Hit a button, get the string’s pitch.

That just popped on the new apps list. Does this mean that the API to the microphone has now been authorized and/or released? Is voice dialing and recording and Shazam! not far behind???

Edit: Oh wait...I jumped the gun. (don't have a Pre) This app doesn't tell you if you're in tune, it just gives you a beep, doesn't it?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    if anyones wondering ii read somewhere that the palm sdk dosent allow access to the mic or something meaning the app cannot get samples of music so there will not be for now a shazam app for web os thats my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    if anyones wondering ii read somewhere that the palm sdk dosent allow access to the mic or something meaning the app cannot get samples of music so there will not be for now a shazam app for web os thats my understanding.
    I'm pretty sure the PDK does though o_O. Maybe?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Any chance that WebOS 1.4 might allow a Shazam type app?
    would be nice, just got it fr my moms android and it's awesome!