View Poll Results: Do you want a Shazam app for WebOS?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    38 95.00%
  • No.

    1 2.50%
  • Don't Need/Won't Use.

    1 2.50%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 299
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #181  
    any word from CES on if the mic (or camera for that matter) will be accessible for apps like Shazam?
  2. #182  
    I don't know if I'd use it that often, but it's still amazingly cool and worth having.

    Surprisingly good at picking up faint recordings also in noisy areas.
  3. #183  
    I heard that in 1.3.5 the mic api is accessible to devs. Can anyone confirm this? May it be that we could possibly be seeing shazam soon?!?
  4. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #184  
    shazam plz
  5. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #185  
    shazam plz
  6. #186  
    just got my pre and i love it (minus the fact there is no shazam)

    i used the link and sent them a message

    +1 to this thread
  7. #187  
    Im so glad Palm is picking up steam and moving forward but Im still missing an app like Shazam or anything like it. Anyone know if anything is in the works???
  8. #188  
    The PDK is only available to Gameloft and EA right now (I think there might've been one other company too).
    It will be released to everybody else in March.
  9. #189  
    Thanks I didnt know that cant wait for those apps.
  10. #190  
    I don't think the pdk has anything to do with it.

    is there any evidence in the new apps voice can be implemented? If not than chances are it's still something which needs to be added to the sdk and might even be available sooner than march.
  11. #191  
    I think if that kind of app came out I would be completely content with my Pre and love it even more!
  12. #192  
    if video recording is in there, wouldn't that include audio? I saw a pre video record sample that had audio in it.. ??
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The PDK is only available to Gameloft and EA right now (I think there might've been one other company too).
    It will be released to everybody else in March.
    Glu Mobile was the third developer that released 3D games at CES (Glyder 2). I'd be willing to be that other developers have access, however--you can sign up for early access at the developer's site, and I'm willing to bet that Palm is letting some folks in with important/highly visible apps get early access.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Glu Mobile was the third developer that released 3D games at CES (Glyder 2). I'd be willing to be that other developers have access, however--you can sign up for early access at the developer's site, and I'm willing to bet that Palm is letting some folks in with important/highly visible apps get early access.
    Like Popcap hopefully!! I really want some mobile plants vs zombies.
  15. r-nice's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Like Popcap hopefully!! I really want some mobile plants vs zombies.
    I second the Plants vs. Zombies comment.
  16. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #196  
    Tune Your Guitar, Free, by JDF Software: Hit a button, get the string’s pitch.

    That just popped on the new apps list. Does this mean that the API to the microphone has now been authorized and/or released? Is voice dialing and recording and Shazam! not far behind???

    Edit: Oh wait...I jumped the gun. (don't have a Pre) This app doesn't tell you if you're in tune, it just gives you a beep, doesn't it?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  17. mjbuf's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #197  
    if anyones wondering ii read somewhere that the palm sdk dosent allow access to the mic or something meaning the app cannot get samples of music so there will not be for now a shazam app for web os thats my understanding.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    if anyones wondering ii read somewhere that the palm sdk dosent allow access to the mic or something meaning the app cannot get samples of music so there will not be for now a shazam app for web os thats my understanding.
    I'm pretty sure the PDK does though o_O. Maybe?
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  19. #199  
    Any chance that WebOS 1.4 might allow a Shazam type app?
  20. #200  
    would be nice, just got it fr my moms android and it's awesome!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions