1.    #1  
    Anyone have experience with this app?

Was finally using FlightView yesterday after downloading/checking it out a week ago. Added two new flights (on the same day) to be managed and then added one to my calendar via the button for that. It said it was added. Went to do the same for the second but no matter how many times I press it, it doesn't ever change or tell me it's been added.

Naturally I went to my calendar to check what it all looked like and found the following:

1) The calendar locks up for the day before and the day of the flight(s) I added;
    2) it's been 20 hours and it's still locked up;
    3) the new flightview @ palm.com calendar [that the app auto-added] can be seen in preferences, but is not displaying in the drop-down to filter what's shown in calendar.

Just like with the calendar acct added by flixster, I can't delete the flightview account. Also, removing the one flight via the remove button inside flightview says it removed it, but still.. the days stay locked up.

Any thoughts appreciated!
    PS: This is similar to something that happens whenever I add new accounts to gcal on my pc.
  2.    #2  
    Okay.. report:
    Rebooting fixed it.
    I use and teach linux [classes] every day.. I'm not used to thinking of rebooting as a solution, but..... ah well.
    To be clear: I un-added the calendar entry from the FlightView. Calendar still locked for those two days. Rebooted. Days are now unlocked. Adding them to the calendar from the app worked successfully this time.

Looks like it has something to do with the calendar app reeeeally not gracefully handling new accounts. Although, it didn't happen with flixster. Hmm.
    Last edited by ryran; 06/29/2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryran View Post
    Okay.. report:
    Rebooting fixed it.
    I use and teach linux [classes] every day.. I'm not used to thinking of rebooting as a solution, but.....
    To be clear: I removed un-added from the app. Calendar still locked for those two days. Rebooted. Days are now unlocked. Adding them from the app worked successfully this time.

Looks like it has something to do with the calendar app reeeeally not gracefully handling new accounts. Although, it didn't happen with flixster. Hmm.

Ryan,

I reported a similar bug to FlightView support and they replied within hours. [Excellent response time!] Apparently, there is a "minor bug" when entering your very first calendar entry from the FlightView app. Suggested advice was to shut down the app and relaunch it. You should not have that proble again. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me since my issue was complicated by a PocketMirror error triggered by the FlightView calendar entry. I had to do a reset. :-(

Anyway, the FlightView rep said a new version of the app will be uploaded later this week that fixes your bug...and maybe more.

Lawrence
  4.    #4  
    Nice. Thanks for sharing what ya know Skysurfer.