Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i like the attachments function though I wish there was a way to open docs on the pre from evernote.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I was hoping that this app would allow me to do outlines and things like the old BrainForest on the Palm. However, you can't do outlines. There is some bulleting feature, but if you read the Evernote web site there seems to be zero privacy. I can't use this for anything work related with that problem. I sure wish somebody would make a nice outliner that would syn with the Pre and allow you to do editing on the Pre. I used to love taking outline notes with Graffiti on the old Palm devices while on the plane.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I was really pleased with Evernote till I started trying to rely on it. The lack of local storage makes it useless to me. While it certinaly would be nice to have a data signal all the time the fact of the mater is that here in Upstate NY and throughout New England where I spend most of my time I don't. When they add off line storage I'll try it again but for now the search continues.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I don't know why you all are having issues with that. It keeps a local cache on the device which is accessible without data access.
    I really hope Evernote implements Copy & Paste in their app. After all it is supported by the OS.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I really hope Evernote implements Copy & Paste in their app. After all it is supported by the OS.
    It has it already. Just be in edit mode.
    Well when I open up a note and hit the Pencil icon bottom left I presume that puts one in 'Edit mode'. I don't see copy/paste in the Menu and the button+C shortcut does not copy eother. Please elaborate. Tq
    It's available in mine. In edit mode, highlight text by shift-dragging it. Then place one finger on the gesture area--the ball will light up, then push C. Your pre will say 'selection copied. It's the same universal gesture, just not in the menu.
    Agree with TaJuanM about the ofline data. Also, this app has great uses but isn't integrated enough with other appps like outlook or google to be as useful as it could be.
    I think there might be a memory-leak in evernote.
    I opened it and checked an entry (=2 cards) and after that I got the "too many cards"-error when trying to open the browser on my Pre.
    Also after I closed evernote completely "Evernote is in online/offline-mode" notifications kept poping up whenever I lost/regained signal until i rebooted the Pre.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is this on the new version from yesterday? If so, then yes. I'm finding it near unusable and I don't even have that many notes!
    I am having the same problem. The Pre is totally inoperable while the newer version of Evernote tries to open. It takes nearly half an hour.
    Works fine for me. I use it everyday and have 2000+ notes. I could not live without it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I also noticed a lag after using Evernote and then the too many cards error started popping up. Had to reset the device.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Yup. I keep getting on/offline mode notifications from evernote after I close it, but I noticed this with the previous version too. It seems to hog my memory as well. I really hope they fix it; it's a useful app.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I was hoping that this app would allow me to do outlines and things like the old BrainForest on the Palm. However, you can't do outlines. There is some bulleting feature, but if you read the Evernote web site there seems to be zero privacy. I can't use this for anything work related with that problem. I sure wish somebody would make a nice outliner that would syn with the Pre and allow you to do editing on the Pre. I used to love taking outline notes with Graffiti on the old Palm devices while on the plane.
    A task manager that also works as a general outliner is now in the webOS App Catalog: Outline Tracker. It's based on different ideas from Evernote, so different people will find it useful. It stores a copy of everything locally, so it works even when you don't have a network connection. A full description is available on the website: outlinetracker dot com.

I think it's pretty good, but then again, I wrote it. :-)
    expensive app without a trial
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    expensive app without a trial
    Evernote is FREE.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12