Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Great post!
    It's a great app, I don't use it too often as I have 1400 mp3s in my Pre, but it's nice to have and looks great. Plus easy to use at that
    Pandora is by FAR my most used and favorite app on my Pre. I use it in the car, with a blue tooth FM transmitter, I use it when Im waiting anyplace, clients, doctors, etc,. with headphones, I use it while bike riding, I use it all the time , I use it on a PC when Im at my beach house, I have a paid account(no ads and no time out) and its the best $36 bucks a YEAR I have ever spent. Way better these days than Sirius, which IMO has gone downhill since the XM merger.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    why is it not available in Canada?
    would love to be able to check it out...
    Anybody know if when you skip to the next song without a thumbsdown, does it give you the next song it would've played if you didn't hit skip, or some other song?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Anybody know if when you skip to the next song without a thumbsdown, does it give you the next song it would've played if you didn't hit skip, or some other song?
    im pretty sure that it gives you the next song regardless of whether you hit skip or simply listen to the song all the way through. in other words i dont think it takes the skip to the next song as a sudo thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipres View Post
    im pretty sure that it gives you the next song regardless of whether you hit skip or simply listen to the song all the way through. in other words i dont think it takes the skip to the next song as a sudo thumbs down
    Thanks, but how can we know for sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Thanks, but how can we know for sure?
    Ask Tim Westergren?

More seriously, since there isn't any user visibility into the upcoming playlist, there's no way to know for sure.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having problems with battery life on Pandora. I can listen to music for about an hour but I'm out of juice. Really bummed I have to stay close to a plug because this is the ultimate portable radio for me.
    I love this app, and when it comes down to it, my Mom is probably going to get a Pre after seeing how smoothly Pandora works when going from car to car, and that when the car is turned off, the music stops playing automatically. I listen to it every week while I'm mowing the yard (5 hours) and I can't tell that it kills my battery.

I do still have my Sirius/XM subscription, but for the first time I'm considering not re-upping it in November. The only reason I would keep XM is that it seems like Pandora doesn't always have the latest releases, but for the most part Pandora gets me by.
    I realize it's been awhile since the OP but... the OP said when you create a station on the Pre you can only add one artist. I had a Pandora account long before my Pre so I was already familiar with it and had an account so thought I would offer my $.02.

It is very worthwhile to spend some time on the computer at Pandora and set up multiple stations and add several similar artists to each station so you will have a much more customized station. I have several stations for the different moods I'm on or who I'm with. I even have a Disney channel set up so when we are traveling with the kids we can keep them entertained.

The long bar across the top (just below the menu and status bar) will allow you to look at your list of stations and quickly change the station just like you would change the station on your radio. I currently have 9 stations!
    I'm sitting here on wi-fi with my Pre Plus (AT&T) and the sound quality is fairly bad (I've turned on the high quality setting although I don't think that would really matter on Wi-fi). The low end is pretty weak when compared to Slacker Radio's stream. And it sounds overly compressed to my ears. Which is a shame because I LOVE pandora. I'm listening through headphones by the way.

I'm gathering that's just how it is and I'm just going to have to not use Pandora because it bugs me too much. (I'm pretty sensitive to this sort of thing). Part of me wonders if it's just a problem on my end though considering how many happy pandora users there are out there.
    it's at&t's fault. ...somehow it is. Then again, I am a Sprint user...lol
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234