Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I love Pandora, and the WebOS version is even better than the Berry version I had on my old Curve. I love that I can swipe back to previously played songs and thumb-up/thumb-down them if I decide later after hearing them that I really did especially like/dislike them, or if I accidentally fastforwarded a song, but figure I want it to come up in the rotation more often or something.

One feature I'd like see added that I've never seen in any of the mobile versions, though, is the ability to add artists/songs to an existing station, the way you can on the web site. I like to modify the stations I have, rather than build new ones, so that would be very useful.

Otherwise, this is a great app, and I love it! Well done!
    I have never heard of Pandora until I found it in the App Catalog. And I LOVE it. there is nothing better so far ( for me). It has had ever type of odd music I listen to. Which is cool seeing a lot of it is ether Russian or European. It could not be easier to use. Only issue and it is not there (Pandora) fault is you need to be in a good service area. and for me that is not always the case. But as I said, I do not blame them for it, that is Sprints issue among others lol. Thanks Pandora for a great app.
    Do you only get music stations with Pandora? What about Sports & Talk radio? I need something similar to Kinoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by ackrite55 View Post
    Do you only get music stations with Pandora? What about Sports & Talk radio? I need something similar to Kinoma.
    Music only on Pandora. Note that Pandora doesn't rebroadcast existing radio stations, but assembles a playlist for you from a library of music, based on the subject you give to the program.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Thanks to your comments I just loaded it. Threw in the names of 2 bands I like and let it mix in others that are similar. The first 4 songs in a row I love!

What a great app

Edit

Just got a call, it muted allowing me to receive the call then automatically restarted where it left off. This is too cool
    Last edited by scott091981; 10/04/2009 at 10:41 AM.
    I like that you can login. on the web browser and set up all the things that are slim lined on the web app. Once you set up any of the new stuff on the website. it automatically shows up on the OS app.(Add category's, Artists to play lists) Once you have conditioned your battery it will play from most of the day with out killing the battery.
  7. pvc
    I have Pandora installed on the iPhone, Android and webOS. I have to say that my favorite is on the Palm. I use Pandora at my desk all day long and the UI on the Palm is sweet. Full review on App4Phones.com (Apps4Phones: "The Power of Many") They gave it a 4.5 out of 5.
    Works perfectly !! awesome when u get tired of ur music and wanna hear something different !!
    Latest upgrade to pandora (no idea on date) makes it so the microphone button on the headset no longer pauses/resumes play
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Latest upgrade to pandora (no idea on date) makes it so the microphone button on the headset no longer pauses/resumes play
    It was updated on 11/1. I emailed them about it, and apparently Palm changed the API slightly. I'm hoping that means that maybe it'll start working in 1.3.1, or that we get an update for the app shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It was updated on 11/1. I emailed them about it, and apparently Palm changed the API slightly. I'm hoping that means that maybe it'll start working in 1.3.1, or that we get an update for the app shortly.
    It's still broken! Man, I can't believe something so simple would cause me so much inconvenience. I love Pandora and the Pre, but this is pretty ridiculous that it has taken so long to figure this out. Isn't Pandora one of Palm's champion/early developers? Shouldn't they have foreseen this?

Ugh, I hate having to listen to a song when I really want to skip it (while on my motorcycle, there is no way for me to advance the track without the headset button).

Please Pandora and Palm, fix this in the WebOS app!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I was reading Pandora's FAQ and it says there is a 40 hour limit for free accounts. Does that apply when listening on the Pre?
    hmmm a 40 hour limit? i didnt know they had that... i hope it doesnt apply! i love pandora!
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    It's still broken! Man, I can't believe something so simple would cause me so much inconvenience. I love Pandora and the Pre, but this is pretty ridiculous that it has taken so long to figure this out. Isn't Pandora one of Palm's champion/early developers? Shouldn't they have foreseen this?
    Honestly, it's annoying me to the point that I have stopped listening to pandora most of the time. It's a little thing, but since I mostly listen while I'm at work I need to easily be able to stop and start playback. I think Pandora has given up on WebOS, since according to someone here they were aware of the issue.

I was reading Pandora's FAQ and it says there is a 40 hour limit for free accounts. Does that apply when listening on the Pre?
    I doubt that it takes mobile time into account, since I was listening much more than that a month and never got any issues or notifications.
    This is a wonderful app! I enjoy everything about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    Mobile listening is not counted against the 40-hour limit. Only counted against you if you listen to Pandora on the website.

I use Pandora every day during the commute to work on my Pre (combined 60 minutes every day). I have never received a notification telling me I have reached my limit.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks for this tip! I only listen to pandora on my Pre I've found that it has saved me tons of $ not having to constantly buy, sync etc.. New music to workout to. My only grip is the 6 skips per hour limitation.
    Hello there! This is my first post on Precentral so please be easy on me! Hehe

I have been trying to find Pandora in the App Catalog, without any Success.

Is Pandora still available? Or am I just not looking for it in the right place?

BTW, I'm a a fresh newbie with any Smartphone tampering,, the Pre is my first one. If anyone is willing to educate me with clear steps on how to get this app, it will be gratly appreciated!

Ohh and btw, I'm using the Pre on Bell Mobility in Montreal if this can also help!

Thanks

Marc
    Hi Marc. Sorry, but Pandora is only available in the US due to copyright/licensing laws. However, Slacker Radio is coming for all Pres/Pixis (?) shortly...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Ohhh thats too bad... The streaming radios I can find in the catalog right just dont cut it...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast