View Poll Results: When will the next NEW application be available.

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within the next couple of days.

13 14.29%
  • In about a week.

33 36.26%
  • In about a months.

32 35.16%
  • In about 3 to 4 months.

13 14.29%
  1.    #1  
    So what do you guys think when will we see a new app for this puppy. I mean its been over 2 weeks now with absolutelly nothing new.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    how many really useful apps have been released

let's be honest
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    how many really useful apps have been released

let's be honest
    Well really usefull I'd say two Pandora and AccuWeather but both of those were available at lunch so nothing usefull released since.
    You know things are desperate when people are looking forward to seeing just one new app. Don't expect anything earth shattering to hit the store until after summer. Palm is too busy playing catchup.

While Pandora is nice it is a resource hog and needs some optimizations big time. The accuweather app really isn't that impressive to me and lacks to many features.
    "In about a months."

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    In about a months

This post was brought to you by the online grammar police!

We need the app catalog out of beta and the SDK released first.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    You know things are desperate when people are looking forward to seeing just one new app. Don't expect anything earth shattering to hit the store until after summer. Palm is too busy playing catchup.

While Pandora is nice it is a resource hog and needs some optimizations big time. The accuweather app really isn't that impressive to me and lacks to many features.
    correct

so there's really nothing yet
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
    "In about a months."

GAH! I took time to apply underline, bold, italic, and switched the color on mine!!
    I think they will stagger apps with firmware. Make sure the firmware is stable and then release the apps for it. If the firmware is 2-4 weeks, I expect the same stagger for apps.
    I wouldn't count on any more apps until the SDK is released.

A week ago I may have had a different opinion, but at this point it doesn't look like anything new is going to be coming out until then.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    DVD Jon - reports that he has not been granted access the the SDK beta - It could be a good thing if he gets moved to the front of the line...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    In about a months

This post was brought to you by the online grammar police!

We need the app catalog out of beta and the SDK released first.
    HAHAHAHA. Yes, I would not expect many apps (other than homebrew awesomeness) until the SDK is released in August(?).

I think Where is the best app so far and Flashlight is the best homebrew app by far.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I voted one week because i think it will be less than a month, but I think it will be more like two to three weeks...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    If I kinda understand what Jon was hinting at during the call I think they are working on a new app catalog maybe with more cloud tags I don't think they will release more apps until that is ready to go.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think they said they gave the first SDK to 30 devs. I think the store has about 30 apps. They need to get that SDK to the 1000s they keep talking about.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    The SDK will be released by the end of the summer...and that probably means early/mid-September
    Maybe this is palms sick thought to get us to buy the phone.. maybe there is no SDK...

just kidding..
    LOL
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I think the issue is figuring out how to charge us for these apps. Once they have to actual store setup and sdk out then the real good apps will come. In the meantime enjoy the free crap. Remember, you get what you pay for...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I hope as they develop the SDK Beta further they will release it to some more developers before the official release date. Hopefully we will get a few more apps trickling in before the end of summer, but I am probably being too optimistic.