Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 132
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    try not to push your fairy tale belief on others
    as much as i want to back you up on this, i wont. because this forums is not intended for religion. if you can stop it would be best
  2. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by poodle View Post
    i've got nothing against God. it's his fan club i cant' stand...
    that almost sounds like a quote from Gandhi,

    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."


    can we get this moved to off topic? Because essentially that is what has happened with this thread.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    That's the great thing about faith. You have to have it for it to actually have any effect on you. Therefore, I call tell you with absolute certainty, that I will not be meeting "him" or anyone else when I kick the bucket.
    Feeling "certain" about anything ambiguous, untestable, and unprovable is still faith.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Wow an app tries to make money with ads and people get upset over some religious ad being there?

    What a bunch of crybabys. Don't use the app then.
    +1 Advertising is not limited to just corporate America who is trying to brainwash you to buy their product!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Weather, Brought to You by God!

    Makes perfect sense to ... umm ... Noah!
    Funny!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    i love that statement hehe

    OK. everyone, topic about god has to STOP! everyone has their own beliefs. leave it alone. no one here is going to change ANYONES mind about religion in what to believe in or not.
    This convo isnt about God...or it shouldnt be! Its about the content in which we see in our advertisements. Like I said above, there are many ads that people are offended by. I found it HILARIOUS that T-Mobile advertised on an App that was provided ONLY on a Sprint phone!

    Funny how no one cares when Coke advertises to a Pepsi fan! Actually, the only time people really care is when it becomes Ford vs Chevy!! C'mon people...
  5. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    No but I wouldn't have been able to download that free app if I didn't BUY my new Pre phone so technically it wasn't free. But I get your point and yes it is a "free" app.
    Oh, so by the same logic, you wouldn't see commercials on TV unless you bought the TV.

    Sorry couldn't resist.
  6. #66  
    Reading this makes me want to deter my plans on creating an app. It does nothing useful. Its just cool. I plan on releasing it for free. Just going to add ads much like the weather app.

    However, reading the data on 'mobile advertising' and 'direct mobile advertising' (see google search terms) through gps; how can one be deter'd. Billion dollar industry.

    I feel that if people won't use an app cause of ads, they should be entitled to an opt out feature which would also refer them to a webpage to make a purchase. You know, shareware.

    Of course in this digital era, you'll be able to find a way to get it free. Would you have paid for a good weather app or continued to get it for free with a small 2 second banner....?

    As for the advertisers.... Its a business. During our wonderful economic implosion; who's to turn down an advertising client? I thought that was a fuuny place for that ad to when I first saw it..
  7. #67  
    Repent and you shall be saved!..................but say it like Charlton Heston.
  8. Powerpack's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #68  
    How truly sad. Advertising has been on this program since day one. It took a mention of God for it to become an issue.

    Think about that and what it says about the times that we are living in.
  9. #69  
    With the mention of Google Adsense going mobile, I hate to see what some people will do to their phones once its ported to webOS. Its going to be interesting to see how the iPhone and Android users will react.

    I, for one, am FOR the advertising if its tasteful (I actually like the banner in the Accuweather app as it doesnt take up real-eastate) and affords me free or reduced-cost services that I can use. And I dont care if they advertise GOD, GOP (Republican Party), or GAP (clothing store)!

    I guess only real adults can control themselves and NOT PAY attention to ads that they dont like.
  10. #70  
    I say thank God that you can afford your phone also that you can hear well enough that you can use your phone not to mention you can see well enough to dial on it not to mention your hands work well enough that you can hold your phone oh wait you did type pre phone so you have enough education to be able to read why does God offend so many people
  11. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    try not to push your fairy tale belief on others
    Try not to push your illogical non-belief in others.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Try not to push your illogical non-belief in others.
    + 1
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-Troy View Post
    I say thank God that you can afford your phone also that you can hear well enough that you can use your phone not to mention you can see well enough to dial on it not to mention your hands work well enough that you can hold your phone oh wait you did type pre phone so you have enough education to be able to read why does God offend so many people
    Say thank you to your employer for your paycheque/health insurance that you can afford your phone also that you can hear well enough that you can use your phone not to mention you can see well enough to dial on it not to mention your hands work well enough that you can hold your phone oh wait you did type pre phone so you have enough education to be able to read why does believing in your own abilities offend so many people.
  14. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Try not to push your illogical non-belief in others.
    lol
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Say thank you to your employer for your paycheque/health insurance that you can afford your phone also that you can hear well enough that you can use your phone not to mention you can see well enough to dial on it not to mention your hands work well enough that you can hold your phone oh wait you did type pre phone so you have enough education to be able to read why does believing in your own abilities offend so many people.
    It doesn't I just say be thankful that you have certain abilities
  16. tomascco's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #76  
    It amazes me that there are people naive enough to believe they are powerful enough to change capitalistic commerce. I don't need to pay for news, it's free! Hmmm, checked the top of this page lately?

    "Who allowed Sprint to advertise on the web page I'm reading for free???"

    If you believe you're entitled to get an app for free then you must be a better person than me. Who's paying the programmer for his time? How long will he/she survive without income? Never met too many Bruce Wayne type programmers in my lifetime.

    Think Sprint/Palm is going to subsidize all of those apps just because you paid $200 for your phone? Think that $65 a month plan is going to get you all sorts of free stuff (which I think is funny because you're already paying for something you think you're getting for free anyway)?

    Been to the movies lately? Paid your nine bucks. Avoid any commercials? Yeah, right.

    This is America, people. Want to pay me $300 to put an ad on the back of my head then it's your right. It's also your right not to look at the back of my head.

    Accuweather or not, God or not, ad or not, there is no law in the United States that prevents you from being offended.

    Man up, Dude, and quit whining like a little girl.
  17. #77  
    [QUOTE=tomascco;1710447]there is no law in the United States that prevents you from being offended.

    what he said
  18. #78  
    These ads are so miniscule I can't believe that people are SO offended by them. Either deal with it or get rid of the app.
  19. #79  
    Yes yes...but the problem is that the damage done by seeing the text of a God add is deep and stings for years.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Say thank you to your employer for your paycheque/health insurance that you can afford your phone also that you can hear well enough that you can use your phone not to mention you can see well enough to dial on it not to mention your hands work well enough that you can hold your phone oh wait you did type pre phone so you have enough education to be able to read why does believing in your own abilities offend so many people.
    I think you'll find they don't. However, you're insistence that others believe exactly as you do is offensive. You're revealing a lot about yourself.

    I don't care what you believe, you have to answer (or not) for that. However, please don't insist the rest of us believe as you do.

    Now, on to tech issues.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions