Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It's not hard to ignore the ad or just delete it. I didn't even notice it until I saw this and I've used it several times! :]
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    Okay. I am going to stop posting in my own thread now. Even if I agree with you, I would like to avoid this argument in a Tech forum. Perhaps we should close this thread before it gets out of hand. My apologies for bringing it up.

That said, an advert for coke wouldn't result in a post like the one above...
    I agree...I'm actually surprised it hasn't already. I've been trying to stay mute on the comments about no God.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    You did. When you downloaded the free application. You don't want them, then don't use the application.
    I'm sorry but RELIGIOUS ads are pushing it!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    It's not hard to ignore the ad or just delete it. I didn't even notice it until I saw this and I've used it several times! :]
    ha ha - you beat me to it. I'm so used to ignoring the ads now that I forgot they're even there. I can't believe people are deleting the app because of it. here's a tip folks: open accuweather app, look away for a couple seconds, look back at screen for your info.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    All I hear is Dr. Evil singing "What if God was one of us?"
    Wow an app tries to make money with ads and people get upset over some religious ad being there?

What a bunch of crybabys. Don't use the app then.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Live with it. You will see Him sooner or later whether you believe He exist or not.
    Weather, Brought to You by God!

Makes perfect sense to ... umm ... Noah!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Live with it. You will see Him sooner or later whether you believe He exist or not.
    That's the great thing about faith. You have to have it for it to actually have any effect on you. Therefore, I call tell you with absolute certainty, that I will not be meeting "him" or anyone else when I kick the bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This is the USA and unfortunately, much like the rest of the world, most of the populace can't think for themselves. They need god to tell them what to do. Must be nice to give up control of your life to a cartoon character.

So the question really is....how come it took this long for god to show up on your phone?
    I don't think this is appropriate for a tech forum. Besides, you display your ignorance on the topic when you post nonsense such as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm sorry but RELIGIOUS ads are pushing it!!
    Why? Why should one type of ad be banned over another. Why is it any more "wrong" for someone to pay to push their agenda about religion than it is for them to push their agenda about what deodorant to wear?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    That's the great thing about faith. You have to have it for it to actually have any effect on you. Therefore, I call tell you with absolute certainty, that I will not be meeting "him" or anyone else when I kick the bucket.
    Man you have such great faith. Why don't you use your intellect for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why is it any more "wrong" for someone to pay to push their agenda about religion than it is for them to push their agenda about what deodorant to wear?
    Because deodorant is real (read: not malarkey).

In my opinion :-)
    Accuweather needs to be accurate! It is consistently off by 5-10 degrees in my city. Of course I check it now and it is spot on and TWC is off a few degrees!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Why is anyone advertising on your Pre? Because you want free stuff.
    i've got nothing against God. it's his fan club i cant' stand...
    Quote Originally Posted by poodle View Post
    i've got nothing against God. it's his fan club i cant' stand...
    i love that statement hehe

OK. everyone, topic about god has to STOP! everyone has their own beliefs. leave it alone. no one here is going to change ANYONES mind about religion in what to believe in or not.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Yeah, probably not the best forum for this type of discussion. Especially not with the growing number of Jobsians lurking around.
    Because deodorant is real (read: not malarkey).

In my opinion :-)
    Excellent, then don't pay for ads. However, those that pay for the ad view things differently than you, and those that receive the money for the ads probably don't care.

So, are you saying that because you don't believe in God, that should control what others do?

Interesting concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    try not to push your fairy tale belief on others
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast