1.    #1  
    Hello everybody of the palmcentral forums...I have a request for a software application for the palm pre I would really love if someone could develop "Palringo" instant messaging application for the palm pre its an all in one app that lets you log into all your social networks and IM networks at once and even send pictures and voice sms like messages to people its currently on the android, winmo, symbian, etc

here is the link to the website....

palringo.com

I'm open to hear your comments on this thanx in advance.
    I don't know about palringo but i believe some if not all of pidgin is already built into webOS.
  3.    #3  
    and how do i get to use pidgin on there? i only see the ability to connect to aim not yahoo or msn or anythin like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wernerjoshua View Post
    and how do i get to use pidgin on there? i only see the ability to connect to aim not yahoo or msn or anythin like that.
    Well, considering Pidgin is an Open Source generic multi-network chat client, seeing the ability to connect to multiple chat networks IS seeing the Pidgin client, or at least, something much like it.

I think what "fain" was attempting to imply is that WebOS uses Pidgin code to run it's chat functions. I don't know if that is actually the case, but I suppose it's possible. I haven't inspected the code myself, perhaps someone who has can enlighten us on that point?
  5.    #5  
    so do you think it's impossible to put Palringo on the palm pre since it has pidgin on the pre already??
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    the meebo website will allow you to do the same thing and loads nicely in the pre.

Meebo - Connecting AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, MySpace messengers

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    the meebo website will allow you to do the same thing and loads nicely in the pre.

Meebo - Connecting AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, MySpace messengers
    I found meebo to be a bit laggy...and it doesn't do nearly as much. Sure, it supports more protocols, but the main reason I like Palringo is for the speed, voice, and picture messaging features that it has.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I would love to have this on my pre i used Palringo for years its just a program that works and is easy to use and also lets you send pics and voice via IM service Now they have it for the gPhone? its a linux phone like the pre can some one port it from that platform to pre rather easy or am i n just way over my head?
    Palringo is an amazing application. Been using it since the beta test days before it was released. I have contacted the palringo team about an app.... but don't know what that will mean in the future.

I NEED palringo since the team I work for uses it for business discussions.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    palringo is a super cool program on iphones in that it has the chatroom feature which is quite fun, so hopefully palringo themselves will eventually develop it for the pre (:
    Well hell palringo is also on the G1 and its a linux phone as well not sure but could you some how take the installer package from that and make it to were it would work with the pre?
    id love to have palringo app on the pre, don't see why we can't as iphone users have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Well hell palringo is also on the G1 and its a linux phone as well not sure but could you some how take the installer package from that and make it to were it would work with the pre?
    good point, i think we need this to happen soon. no reason we cannot have it as webos is linux like the android.
    Here is what the palringo team is saying about getting palringo on the Pre.

http://www.palringo.com/en/us/?categ...hread_id=4019&

Guess we are just not a priority to them.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    is there anything we can do................so that the developers can take palm pre serious?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i want palringo on Pre