Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    PIMPMYPRE.COM...is it for real?
  2. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yeah it works but be careful. If you haven't rooted ur pre, you won't be able to delete the app until they release a new version
  3. #3  
    All of this Pre hacking is awesome, but the fact of how easily it is being accomplished really concerns me. How is it that people have unlocked functionality like this in mere hours, yet something as asininely easy as custom notification ringers isn't enabled by default? Why is it that it seems like this functionality is already there, just disabled? Is Palm holding out on features just to keep updates coming regularly?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    All of this Pre hacking is awesome, but the fact of how easily it is being accomplished really concerns me. How is it that people have unlocked functionality like this in mere hours, yet something as asininely easy as custom notification ringers isn't enabled by default? Why is it that it seems like this functionality is already there, just disabled? Is Palm holding out on features just to keep updates coming regularly?
    It's all Linux man. The most hacker-friendly OS.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    PIMPMYPRE.COM...is it for real?
    LOL!!!!!

    We're for real - we're just developers looking for a place to showcase what we can do. We are software engineers by trade, and we started a web business, but decided that building websites for other people wasn't what we wanted to do so now we just make sites on our own for things that interest us.

    I'll update our About Us page soon - we're not hackers or some big corporation. Just 3 guys ( 3CG Developing) trying to make our mark.

    Mitch Mitchell
  6. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    LOL!!!!!

    We're for real - we're just developers looking for a place to showcase what we can do. We are software engineers by trade, and we started a web business, but decided that building websites for other people wasn't what we wanted to do so now we just make sites on our own for things that interest us.

    I'll update our About Us page soon - we're not hackers or some big corporation. Just 3 guys ( 3CG Developing) trying to make our mark.

    Mitch Mitchell
    I have not rooted my Pre. You should warn that most functions (including the sounds) don't work if you are not rooted.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    PIMPMYPRE.COM...is it for real?
    Ya I was kind of thinking the same thing. In my experience anything with "Pimp" in it is likely being marketed to teenagers or retards with gold teeth and therefor would have no appeal to me.

    Bad name, promising application.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Ya I was kind of thinking the same thing. In my experience anything with "Pimp" in it is likely being marketed to teenagers or retards with gold teeth and therefor would have no appeal to me.

    Bad name, promising application.
    LOL - Mind if I steal that quote? I like it.

    By the time we got around to buying a domain name, we were limited, so we went for what we thought we could promote. We don't have the domain reach the other guys do, like precentral is everythingpre, treocentral, and many more - and I believe they all fall under a website that sells mobile phones. I can't remember.

Posting Permissions