1.    #1  
    Hey guys, tried searching for this but couldn't really find anything so if I searched wrong sorry for the n00b post. Anyways I used to have the Mogul, in it I had my contacts listed by first name. However when everything got ported over to the Pre my contacts got all sorts of flipped around. Also because of Exchange and Gmail I now have like two hundred contacts when I only need about 100 of them. Is there some trick I can use to simplify organization?

Your help is appreciated. Sorry for the for "help me" first post.

Also I am aware of the Synergy search. I use it, but I would prefer to be able to also go through my contacts easier.
    The "How To: Email, Calendar, and Contact Sync with Thunderbird" link on the precentral.net homepage (right hand side, scroll down) would be of use to you.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    There is a way to reorganize your contacts by first name or last name.

Go to: Contacts > click the "Contacts" tab at the top > click on "Accounts and Preferences" > choose your setting (first thing on list).

As far as having 200 contacts from Google...I had that problem, too. I just went through and deleted them.
    Last edited by NINnerd; 07/19/2010 at 08:04 AM.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    As many people have mentioned, I just use global search when calling someone. Just start typing and then one click and its ringing!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help guys and gal!
    I don't know if this does you any good but I just put all the contacts I need in exchange and turned off Google contact sync. made my life much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by vektra View Post
    I don't know if this does you any good but I just put all the contacts I need in exchange and turned off Google contact sync. made my life much easier
    Getting a Pixi soon...would like to use Gmail on Pixi but without getting all the contacts from Gmail to Pixi. Can one use Google sync just for Gmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by burgertime View Post
    Hey guys, tried searching for this but couldn't really find anything so if I searched wrong sorry for the n00b post. Anyways I used to have the Mogul, in it I had my contacts listed by first name. However when everything got ported over to the Pre my contacts got all sorts of flipped around. Also because of Exchange and Gmail I now have like two hundred contacts when I only need about 100 of them. Is there some trick I can use to simplify organization?

Your help is appreciated. Sorry for the for "help me" first post.

Also I am aware of the Synergy search. I use it, but I would prefer to be able to also go through my contacts easier.
    To add to the original intent of this thread...how robust is WebOS contacts? For example, in WM contacts, there are tons of categories:

+ Website
    + e-mail
    + e-mail2, email3
    + Work address
    + Home Adress
    + category(ies) (choose your own, search by category)
    + Work Fax
    + IM
    + work Tel
    + work2 Tel
    + Company
    + Department

You get the idea...
    On my Treo 800w that I'm currently using, I use the built-in app Sprite Backup plus Microsoft MyPhone for PIM back-up. Is it possible to use the M/S MyPhone cloud to transfer PIM/contact info from 800w to Pixi?

If not, other alternatives? I'm trying not to use my laptop as a way station for PIM sync. These new smartphones are like mini computers!
    one thing I can tell you is that you can't catagorize your contacts very easily yet I.e. Personal, business,unfiled etc. There is a sort of work around but there is no drip down list to add conacts to.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    OK then...

3rd party app overlay for Contacts (i.e. Agendus for WebOS) or SOL?!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    To add to the original intent of this thread...how robust is WebOS contacts? For example, in WM contacts, there are tons of categories:

+ Website
    + e-mail
    + e-mail2, email3
    + Work address
    + Home Adress
    + category(ies) (choose your own, search by category)
    + Work Fax
    + IM
    + work Tel
    + work2 Tel
    + Company
    + Department

You get the idea...
    Starting to get some of my 800w contacts to the Pixi. However, at the bare minimum, home and business addresses aren't showing up.

Am I missing something, or does WebOS do not have a section in contacts for addresses? I can live without everything else (i.e. categories) but addresses are essential!
    OK then...

3rd party app overlay for Contacts (i.e. Agendus for WebOS) or SOL?!
    Bump!
    I have 6900+ contacts!
    Searching for contacts within the contact app itself is slow. I find it faster to locate a contact using universal search.
    One drawback is when in the email proggie if I hv to cc to someone else in the contact list it also crawls.
    I think the search algorithm an be improved.
    Starting to get some of my 800w contacts to the Pixi. However, at the bare minimum, home and business addresses aren't showing up.

Am I missing something, or does WebOS do not have a section in contacts for addresses? I can live without everything else (i.e. categories) but addresses are essential!
    Anyone wanna take a crack at this?
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Anyone wanna take a crack at this?
    As far as the Pre goes, there is a place for as many addresses as you want (physical and virtual). Not sure about the Pixi, but I imagine it's the same.

Not sure if they transfer, though. But there is a spot for them. Just go to your contact, hit 'edit', and then you can scroll down to where you put in addresses.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    you can have your contacts set to first name or last name in alphabetical order . would that help??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    As far as the Pre goes, there is a place for as many addresses as you want (physical and virtual). Not sure about the Pixi, but I imagine it's the same.

Not sure if they transfer, though. But there is a spot for them. Just go to your contact, hit 'edit', and then you can scroll down to where you put in addresses.
    Just discovered this, thanks!

[800w WM to WebOS]

Now for the follow-up question: If I sync my contacts via Google or other methods, will the addresses transfer over?

What about CompanionLink? Do they have a service for Windows Mobile as well?

The fast way via Best Buy (they have this machine transfer service thingy) only imports names and phone numbers, IIRC.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 11/29/2009 at 01:39 PM.