Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    How do I set (or manually accomplish) the refresh of the Accuweather app?
    Ralph Coleman
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    You should see the update by going to the "Updates" app and you can install it from there. You can also go the App Catalog (I usually select Most Recent) and see it (the icon for the app will have a small blue down arrow symbol next to it indicating an update is available). From the app's description page, you can select Update Available to download it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocolema View Post
    How do I set (or manually accomplish) the refresh of the Accuweather app?
    This is on page 5 of the Tips and Tricks:
    Get Updates
    ► You can update all of your applications at one time. While it checks you can keep working! (p. 77)
    ► Tap the Launcher key, then Updates. Tap Download now if you like. (p. 78)

The link is below.

- Craig
    Guys, I think he means that if he leaves it open, how do you make it reload the latest weather information? There's no "refresh" functionality WITHIN the app.

Best answer I can give is to select another perspective. Each time you do (assuming it's been idle for more than a few minutes), it loads. So if you left it on hourly view, switch to the radar or daily view.
    How do you get rid of freaky bible thumper ads?
    Boy is that annoying.
    weather.com/iphone is better imo
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    also,

The Weather Channel

e; f,b
    I emailed Accuweather asking if they planned to include some sort of auto-refresh, no response yet. I really hope so.

Honestly, I hadn't realized for like two weeks that my leaving the card open wasn't updating automatically anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I emailed Accuweather asking if they planned to include some sort of auto-refresh, no response yet. I really hope so.

Honestly, I hadn't realized for like two weeks that my leaving the card open wasn't updating automatically anyway.
    I emailed tech support, since I found no use in knowing -at 4pm - what the temperature was at 7am, and they emailed me that there is no manual refresh, the app will do it on its own....
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I emailed tech support, since I found no use in knowing -at 4pm - what the temperature was at 7am, and they emailed me that there is no manual refresh, the app will do it on its own....
    Hmm, hasn't been for me.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The where app weather uses the same data, cleaner ui, more info and no ads
    Global Posts
    669 Global Posts
    Just hit whichever of the first two symbols you are not sitting on. And I have not been there yet but from what I have read the weather.com/iphone now needs to be mw.weather.com for updated 1.04 phones.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Here is the response I got:

"The Palm Pre application is ad supported and is not available without ads at this time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Here is the response I got:

"The Palm Pre application is ad supported and is not available without ads at this time."
    I would prefer a free app with an small add that goes away vs an app that you have to pay for.

Although, i agree that it is annoying.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    Just hit whichever of the first two symbols you are not sitting on. And I have not been there yet but from what I have read the weather.com/iphone now needs to be mw.weather.com for updated 1.04 phones.
    Just tested & is very nice. You can switch to landscape mode, the radar is animated/in motion, you can double click to zoom on the radar, etc.

Cheers
    try this one too: mw.weather.com
    I don't mind ads, I just want it to automatically refresh every hour or so when I have the card open in the background, otherwise it's useless to keep the card open.
    I don't mind ads, I just want it to automatically refresh every hour or so when I have the card open in the background, otherwise it's useless to keep the card open.
    Agreed.

You could do a manual update of weather on my Diamond. It pulled its data from accuweather
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    I would prefer a free app with an small add that goes away vs an app that you have to pay for.

Although, i agree that it is annoying.
    I can't stand adds and would pay for one without adds. Either that or write my own.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I just wish that the app could put the radar in motion and zoom in and zoom out. That was the cool thing about the mobile website.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast