Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is part of why I returned my Pre....

What turned me off is not the lack of apps, or the lack of updates - it's the lack of any sort of mechanism for interacting with the user base. At least they could have some sort of bug tracker so people could see if their issues are being addressed.

I guess I'm spoiled by open source communities. I felt like I was taking too much of a risk, or leap of faith in Palm, and there was a two year contract on the line.

-n8
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    This is part of why I returned my Pre....

What turned me off is not the lack of apps, or the lack of updates - it's the lack of any sort of mechanism for interacting with the user base. At least they could have some sort of bug tracker so people could see if their issues are being addressed.

I guess I'm spoiled by open source communities. I felt like I was taking too much of a risk, or leap of faith in Palm, and there was a two year contract on the line.

-n8
    your right. the guy that helped build this phone from apple could of at least came up with some more apps in his spare time instead of drinking MARGARITAS on his island.
  3.    #23  
    lets see...we sell 100,000 phones the first week and tell everyone were out of them.we wont give them any more apps until december, we got them in their contracts for 2 years."HEY BARTENDER ILL HAVE ANOTHER DRINK"..............thats the way it went down my pre friends
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    lets see...we sell 100,000 phones the first week and tell everyone were out of them.we wont give them any more apps until december, we got them in their contracts for 2 years."HEY BARTENDER ILL HAVE ANOTHER DRINK"..............thats the way it went down my pre friends
    You seem very bitter and seem to ignore the news that the SDK will be out "late summer" which I would translate into September at the latest. Everyone wants to compare the Pre to the iPhone so I will as well. How long did it tak the App Store to even launch?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    You seem very bitter and seem to ignore the news that the SDK will be out "late summer" which I would translate into September at the latest. Everyone wants to compare the Pre to the iPhone so I will as well. How long did it tak the App Store to even launch?
    yea i guess it sounds bitter,but im not.i really do like the phone and think it works really great as a phone.i just dont like the LABOR i want the BABY!
    The complaining() doesn't stop, does it! Complaining that you want more apps is not going to get you apps any faster. If the other phone has more apps and you want those, just take the Pre back and go get it. Its that easy. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you keep the pre. You get the phone, they give you a couple more apps and now you expect them to give you something evey day or week. Then when you do get an app you start Bi***ing about how the app lacks features or options or how that other phone does it better. I rather them take their time and get this right instead of them rushing something out thats lack luster.

Just my 2 cents
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by j2hott23 View Post
    The complaining() doesn't stop, does it! Complaining that you want more apps is not going to get you apps any faster. If the other phone has more apps and you want those, just take the Pre back and go get it. Its that easy. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you keep the pre. You get the phone, they give you a couple more apps and now you expect them to give you something evey day or week. Then when you do get an app you start Bi***ing about how the app lacks features or options or how that other phone does it better. I rather them take their time and get this right instead of them rushing something out thats lack luster.

Just my 2 cents
    cmon, this is app land my friend.just go back to using you motorolla star tec!
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    cmon, this is app land my friend.just go back to using you motorolla star tec!

Huh? please elaborate

I think maybe I'm not too mad about the apps since I upgraded from that piece of crap Instinct that I purchased at launch last year. So I'm pretty much used to not get updates fast or any at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by j2hott23 View Post

Just my 2 cents
    I don't think it's unreasonable for customers to expect some sort of bug management portal or something to indicate that Palm at least is aware of, and plans to fix some of the major show-stoppers in WebOS, particularly the ones that have people like me returning the phone and cancelling their contracts.

Things like constant signal hunting leading to heat/battery issues, unreliability of 3G connection, EAS support - these things should be recorded somewhere on Palm's website where users can check the status of open issues.

-n8
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    true, true, my app list would be smaller by a firmware update
    but there are still independent apps in that list that would be great to see.
    I think we indeed will see some of them eventually, like shozu or orb
    i would like a pocket quicken type app the syncs with quicken on my computer, that would be really nice (and i could ditch the old treo 700p for good)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    He, he. Spoil your day waiting for another app. And when the new apps come in, look for another reason to complain. A firmware update would be a good reason or a battery problem or a screen problem or a keypad problem or a soft keyboard problem or a signal problem or a GPS problem or a Google sync problem or a Facebook sync problem or a web browser problem or a ringtone problem or an SMS problem or an MMS problem...

As for me I'm enjoying each and every day with my new Palm Pre.
    I love my Pre...
    Nothing more to really say about it... it is by far the best phone ive ever owned - I have great 3G and have had no signal problems... and i get a day and a half out of the battery

No idea why people are having problems with theres.

heh i keep finding new things on mine that i just didnt think it would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    Not to mention that there are 3rd party developers that already have the SDK and that Palm is going to be granting early access to more developers that are on the waiting list in the next couple weeks.

People really need to HTFU about this.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Instinct to Pre........

Nothing can tell you what I think, other than........

W00t!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Oh ya, Love the Pre!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I know we don't need another thread...but I wish this one had been titled 30 and counting... or whatever the number was when the thread started. I bet people who got their pres yesterday are pleased...it appears to them that 7 apps came out yesterday.

I am not going to join the detractors of this pretty amazing device...but I will go so far as to say the whole editing docs thing would seem to have been a no-brainer... Even a 4 or 5 column spreadsheet would have been nice... Like that lamo stuff MSworks that came loaded on PCs without Office...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12