1.    #1  
    Is it possible in the Pre Facebook "app" to get to page two, three, etc. of the home screen to see more updates from friends? I see no link.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Is it possible in the Pre Facebook "app" to get to page two, three, etc. of the home screen to see more updates from friends? I see no link.
    I'm having the same problem. I also ran into the same problem when I loaded the regular facebook page. When I get to the bottom of the screen and click see older posts, nothing happens. The taskbar that has notifications and chat does not float and stay at the bottom of the screen. It's stationary and when I scroll it blocks some of the page. I worry less about the taskbar and more about older posts that I might be missing.
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I could not stand the Facebook app and find it easier just to go to the web.
    yeah x.facebook.com is just better
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    no. x.facebook.com just sucks, m.facebook.com is much better but even that is not a native app on the Pre. I can't believe that they released this thing without a facebook app when they used fb in all their advertising.
    I, too, found it very surprising that the App Catalog (and the Pre) launched without a Facebook app.

To the OP: the x.facebook.com site seems to only display two or three recent status updates, and devotes the next few lines to picture and event updates that can take DAYS to get old enough to get cycled out. I think it's a pretty terrible implementation, and find myself using the full HTML version of Facebook on the Pre more and more.
    Just use www.facebook.com, the "full" site works great on the Pre. I use x.facebook.com for quick checks to see if my mobile pics posted OK, but other than that I use the full site (I'd use x.facebook.com if it let you hit "more" at the bottom of the short newsfeed and let you comment directly on things you read there - hint Facebook mobile developers!).
    I thought I was the only one that found it strange that Facebook is featured prominently in Pre advertising when there is no native app and the Facebook bookmark that cake with the browser is really the renamed version of iphone.facebook.com.

Yes, for those that don't know - FB came out with a specialized link for iPhone users and because the Pre's browser is built off webkit as is mobile Safari - they just duplicated their iPhone site and called it x.facebook.com.
    On the x.facebook page if you click on the friends tab it will show you more than just the 3 most recent status updates. And at the end of that page is a link to show more. I just use that friends tab rather than the page it first defaults to, and makes it pretty easy to see what my friends are up to while I am on the go. But it does suck that it doesn't allow you to comment on their statuses. Like so many others I am patiently waiting on a full featured facebook app to be released, because while the full page does work ok, I just find it kind of sluggish especially when you constantly have to zoom in and out to see everything.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    m.yahoo.com has a custom page you can use for social networking. myspace and facebook updates are in the same area. not as cool as a true face book app but it does work better than x.facebook.com
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Just use www.facebook.com, the "full" site works great on the Pre. I use x.facebook.com for quick checks to see if my mobile pics posted OK, but other than that I use the full site (I'd use x.facebook.com if it let you hit "more" at the bottom of the short newsfeed and let you comment directly on things you read there - hint Facebook mobile developers!).

+1 on www.facebook.com. Plus the chat feature works quite well.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē