1.    #1  
    So I'm sitting on the corner (not in Winslow, Arizona) where the three gas stations are such a fine sight to see.

I decide to check the WHERE gas prices.

WHERE tells me the Diamond Shamrock is 9 higher than what is on the signs.
    WHERE tells me the Chevron is 7 higher than what Chevron's signs say.
    WHERE doesn't even know about the Shell station.

In the real world, Chevron is one cent more than Diamond Shamrock, even though WHERE is showing Chevron 1 cheaper.

I know there is another Diamond Shamrock and a Valero less than 2 miles away, but neither are shown on my list, though a Valero five miles away is shown.

And I could have sworn the Chevron 2 miles away used to be listed in WHERE, but it's not there today.

Does anybody know where WHERE gets its information? How WHERE gets its information?

I think this Gas Price info is the coolest thing, but inaccurate data is worse than no data at all.
  2.    #2  
    Reset!

I just noticed the drop down option to check for different grades of gasoline. There's E-85, E-87, E-89, E-93 and Diesel. The PrPrPr&#$275$; $was$ $defaulted$ $to$ $E$-$89$ $and$ $I$ $think$ $E$-$87$ $is$ $regular$ $unleaded$. $There$ $are$ $lot$'$s$ $more$ $gas$ $stations$ $listed$ $in$ $the$ $E$-$87$ $database$.

I'll repeat the experiment tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Interesting.
    I am checking my default now.
  4. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    yeah you gotta make sure its set to the right octane. i did that first day i got it when i noticed its default. ive had no problems with it and it has always been accurate.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Mine is still missing a few stations. The main one I use is a Murphy USA but it is a newly built one (3-5 months) so I hope that is the issue.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I also think that Where probably pulls its information from a website like GasBuddy, and all the information there is user-reported, and it depends on someone updating the price on a particular station every 48 hours.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Working like a charm now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Left Texas View Post
    Reset!

I just noticed the drop down option to check for different grades of gasoline. There's E-85, E-87, E-89, E-93 and Diesel. The PrPrPr&#$275$; $was$ $defaulted$ $to$ $E$-$89$ $and$ $I$ $think$ $E$-$87$ $is$ $regular$ $unleaded$. $There$ $are$ $lot$'$s$ $more$ $gas$ $stations$ $listed$ $in$ $the$ $E$-$87$ $database$.

I'll repeat the experiment tomorrow.
    That's a bad way to label the different octane ratings.

The Exx identifier is normally used to represent the percentage of ethanol in the fuel, not the octane rating. E10 can be found in most stations in the US. E20, E25, E70, and E85 can be found at many stations in the Midwest.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I decided to check the "where" app the other day. I had it set on e-87 and I ended up at the gas station with the highest price. I noticed the update today, so I will retry it some time this week.