1.    #1  
    How can I open a new website from bookmark when I am in the landscape mode?

Do I always have to straight it up in order to change webpages????
    Yes. For some reason the controls are different...including the gesture area, when in landscape.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Yes. For some reason the controls are different...including the gesture area, when in landscape.
    That blows
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    The gestures in landscape are pretty cool; just swipe up / down to scroll up or down a page.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyBlueWind View Post
    How can I open a new website from bookmark when I am in the landscape mode?

Do I always have to straight it up in order to change webpages????
    Well, not quite-

If you go all the way back it WILL bring up the bookmark page in landscape. Observe:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Well, not quite-

If you go all the way back it WILL bring up the bookmark page in landscape. Observe:
    Thanks - but still that's a lame way of accessing the bookmark page. How could they cripple the landscape mode this much? It's almost impossible to browse in vertical unless the webpage is fully customized for mobile phones. Another let down from Palm
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyBlueWind View Post
    Thanks - but still that's a lame way of accessing the bookmark page. How could they cripple the landscape mode this much? It's almost impossible to browse in vertical unless the webpage is fully customized for mobile phones. Another let down from Palm
    Out of curiosity, have you discovered the double tap feature? When in vertical (or horizontal for that matter), if you double tap on an image or block of text, it will resize the view to fit that. If you're reading a page with paragraphs of text, this is incredibly useful, as it zooms into what you need!
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    How do you even access the bookmark page besides going back all the way?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I just got my pre on Sunday, but what I do when I'm in landscape and want to get to book marks is push the button which brings up the mini launcher where I have the web launcher.

This does open in another window, and it does not show up in landscape, but I found it faster than anything else I've tried.

BTW, this is my first post!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    So to tie into this... Is there a way, either in landscape or regular mode, to bring up the "enter URL here" box so that I can browse to a new page without opening up a new card or going ALL the way back through my history to the start page...
    yes..when in vertical browsing, flick the web page all the way to the top of the web page (ie down gesture on the screen) when it reaches the top of the web page it will bounce.. You will then see the "URL" box and you can enter your url there.

Unfortunately haven't found one in "landscape" mode, but until we get a virtual keyboard it wouldn't be too useful anyway.

DT
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    When youre in landscape, hit the volume rocker and it will show the bubble at the corner
    Seriously? Is it THAT hard to rotate the Pre to portrait to select a new Bookmark?? ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    what about with RocnRollHax - do I have it right?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FJKB View Post
    what about with RocnRollHax - do I have it right?
    The trick you're referencing is RocknRollHax, and to my knowledge it only changes the functionality of the email application, though I don't know if it's been tried in others.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter