1.    #1  
    So I'm loving my Pre after working through some calendar and email issues but, like many on here, I'm missing my memos and task lists. (Yeah, the Pre has those built in task and memo apps, but I need something I can sync, so I can have memos on my computer and my Pre).

I downloaded Evernote - the desktop version and the app for Pre. I love the desktop version, but don't feel the same way about the mobile app. On desktop, I can create different notebooks so I can view work and personal memos separately, for instance. I can't figure out how to sort by notebook on my Pre though. Is it even possible?

Also, I hate that I have to log in every time I launch the app. Is there a way to get it to remember me?

I'm guessing the app is what it is since I feel like I've tried to figure this out, but maybe there's something I haven't thought of. If not, I may just have to wait until a new app comes out.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just started using Evernote today as well. Since SplashNotes is not available on the Pre, I'm trying out Evernote and am impressed with the product. The one feature I wish were on the Pre app is a filter by Tag. That way I can look at my work notes vs. my personal notes. Evernote imports my SplashNotes pretty well (I first export SplashNotes to MS Word and then copy/paste into Evernote, followed by Tagging the note).

And yes, I wish it would remember who we are so we don't have to keep logging back in on the Pre. Hopefully a future update will address these issues.

I'm still hoping for a SplashNotes app though on the Pre (and an updated SplashID to work like it did on my Centro with sync, etc.). I like the features it has for checkboxes, etc. for various kinds of lists and things. At least Evernote is providing a nice workaround for the time being.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    At the recent notes view you can just type in what you'd like to find and it'll automatically filter it. No saved searches tho. The Evernote people have said its just a beta tho, tho I'd label it as more of an alpha. I'm sure it'll be improved as time goes by.
    Just be patient. It will get much better. When the Windows Mobile version came out it was just as limited. It quickly got updates and became much better. Basically Evernote just rushed out a simple app for those of us who were already users so we could access all our notes on the Pre. This app is listed as version 0.1.10. That means it is basically Alpha.

I have noticed that when you create a new note on the Pre it gives you the option of which of your notebooks you want to put it in.

If you are looking for a specific note just start typing a word that is in that note and it will start filtering. I have about 2000 evernotes and I can always find the one I need in about 5 seconds.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    The Pre app does not ask me to login every time I launch it. OP, strange that it doesn't remember you.

I'm new to Evernote. I think it has a lot of potential and look forward to revisions of the Pre app.

Here's a nice feature. If you enable "Geotag Photos" in the Pre Location Services app, then take a picture and upload it to Evernote, then view that photo on the Evernote web page in a desktop browser, there will be a "Map It" link which will open up a Google Map with your photo's location pinpointed. Bravo! (It might work in the desktop apps too, but I haven't downloaded them.)

I am disappointed that if I open the evernote mobile web page (Evernote Mobile Login) in the Pre's browser, I can't open any photos. Thumbnails, yes, but enlarged photos, no. Are they too big? This means until they add pan & zoom to the Pre app, there's no way to view uploaded photos in hi-res. (Fortunately the photos are still on my Pre, but that won't always be the case.)
    I have an evernote question. I've been playing with the desktop version, and it is _there_ that I'm having a problem, rather than on the phone. How in the heck do you do a global search? Right now, it seems I have to already be in the notebook of interest to find something. Surely there's a global search on the desktop and web versions, and I'm just being too dense to find it, right? Any help appreciated. If I can get that that figured, and the mobile device app continues to improve, it could be a great tool.
    PalmPilot > Pilot Pro > PalmIII > PalmV > m500 > m505 > KyoceraPalmPhone > Treo650 > Centro > ?pre?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogpre View Post
    I have an evernote question. I've been playing with the desktop version, and it is _there_ that I'm having a problem, rather than on the phone. How in the heck do you do a global search? Right now, it seems I have to already be in the notebook of interest to find something. Surely there's a global search on the desktop and web versions, and I'm just being too dense to find it, right? Any help appreciated. If I can get that that figured, and the mobile device app continues to improve, it could be a great tool.
    THE ANSWER (copy/pasted below) WAS POSTED ABOVE YOUR QUESTION. DOESN'T IT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? (FILTER ~ SEARCH?)

At the recent notes view you can just type in what you'd like to find and it'll automatically filter it. No saved searches tho. The Evernote people have said its just a beta tho, tho I'd label it as more of an alpha. I'm sure it'll be improved as time goes by.
    Last edited by caj27; 06/23/2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogpre View Post
    You have to be in the "All Notebooks" for a global search, otherwise it'll only search the current notebook. If you do a particular search a lot you can save it.