1.    #1  
    My valuable Treo apps have a registration code that's linked to the user-ID. My copy of Classic has a user-ID of "" (blank). Is there some way to set this to my old user-ID so I can try to register my apps?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

you can try the attached Palm program. I use this on my real palm to change the hotsync Name. No idea if it will work in the emulator.

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    According to MotionApps, the user ID should be set to "MotionApps"

The question is, can we sync Classic to Palm Desktop? If so, can someone explain how this is done?
  4.    #4  
    I found the solution: Classic has a "hotsync" tool, which doesn't hot synch, of course, but does let you assign the user ID. This allowed me to register all my apps.

MathU and Solitairies (yes, spelled that way, from some Russian company) appear to work cleanly. SnapperMail sometimes works, but sometimes brings on the BSOD. I haven't figured out what triggers that, yet. The company that sells it told me it ought to work within Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I found the solution: Classic has a "hotsync" tool, which doesn't hot synch, of course, but does let you assign the user ID. This allowed me to register all my apps.

MathU and Solitairies (yes, spelled that way, from some Russian company) appear to work cleanly. SnapperMail sometimes works, but sometimes brings on the BSOD. I haven't figured out what triggers that, yet. The company that sells it told me it ought to work within Classic.
    Thanks.
    So... there is no way to sync between classic and Palm Desktop?
    Where in Classic is the hotsync tool? I have an app that I am trying to use and I have to put in my license code.

I also am finding that the Classic app doesn't recognize the number codes from the Pre keyboard. I am not familiar with using the keyboard in the Classic as my Treo was a different configuration.

Also, having trouble making Classic recognize my purchase and it tells me I am through with my trial. They are not taking phonecalls and am waiting for email help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer help!
  7.    #7  
    On my copy of "Classic", it shows up under "All" (not under "Internal", where most of your apps are.) It's called "HotSyncId..." and the icon is a little wrench. The only thing it does is set your hotsync ID.

I had no trouble entering license codes that contained numbers, letters, capital letters, and punctuation using the Pre keyboard. I did have to dig up a bunch of old registration e-mails to find the codes, but otherwise everything went smoothly.

As to your problem getting them to unlock your copy, their website
    https://www.motionapps.com/classic/buy/success.php
    says:

If you are still receiving notifications from Classic that your trial will expire in a few days, or if Classic shows that your trial has already expired, then we most likely do not have the correct serial number of your phone.
    This could happen as we do not have means to verify the validity of phone serial numbers during the purchase process. In this case, please visit
    www.motionapps.com/classic/activate
    and provide us with following info in the message body:
    Purchase ID: (my purchase ID)
    Original Serial Num: (my serial number)
    Serial Number of your Pre: <visit www.motionapps.com/classic/serial to get help on serial numbers>

We will then get that changed in our system for you.
    Last edited by puzzlegal; 06/22/2009 at 11:50 PM.