Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I like that Tweed notifies you of new tweets but I hate how the list of tweets always shows the most recent first. Spaz on the other hand reloads and shows the list from the point you last updated so you can see new tweets as they came in. You scroll up instead of down.

Do you see a way to list this way on Tweed?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I love tweed just for the fact that you can tweet them a question and they respond within a few hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezalis View Post
    I love tweed just for the fact that you can tweet them a question and they respond within a few hours
    You can do the same thing @spaz.

I keep going back and forth, but neither of them is perfect. PockeTwit on WM was better than both, unfortunately.
  4. kjb
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    Spaz on the other hand reloads and shows the list from the point you last updated so you can see new tweets as they came in. You scroll up instead of down.
    Thanks exactly why I like Spaz better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can do the same thing @spaz.

I keep going back and forth, but neither of them is perfect. PockeTwit on WM was better than both, unfortunately.
    Few things are perfect in this world 8) However, if you want to shape where the app goes, you can contribute to Spaz. That's one big difference, IMHO.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    Thanks exactly why I like Spaz better.
    The newest tweed update does that too.... atleast for me unless Im seeing something different that what you are describing.

I personally like tweed more.... only because its a very simple application and imo fits in better with the native pre apps. But it does need to get some more features asap. Picture uploading is the big one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    The newest tweed update does that too.... atleast for me unless Im seeing something different that what you are describing.

I personally like tweed more.... only because its a very simple application and imo fits in better with the native pre apps. But it does need to get some more features asap. Picture uploading is the big one.
    Tell Palm to open up file uploading in the APIs, and you'll get lots of apps that can upload pics. Until then, I wouldn't expect it.
  8. thekaitlin
    would be nice to be able to upload the pics directly in one of these, but I use tweetphoto for now - you just take a picture, send to your secret email address with the subject line as your tweet and it gets posted.
    Personally despite tweed missing a feature or two I want they have been very responsive in feature requests. The few things I'm looking for will be coming in the next version most likely. The main thing i don't like about spaz is the look of the UI. The feature difference between the two will probably be a moot point once each has some good time to work on coding it all.
    for a person (me) who had a twitter account, but didnt do anything for months, tweed is now on my ribbon bar.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    tweed is pretty good
    I like Spaz because it supports multiple twitter accounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
    I like Spaz because it supports multiple twitter accounts

so does tweed.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've been using Tweed for a while now and I'm going to give Spaz a really long trial run over the next week to see if I like it better. I particularly like the darker UI.
    clear the cache often in spaz, that helps/neat feature. new update to 0.4.11 was really good. next on list should be notifications and/or auto-refresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    clear the cache often in spaz, that helps/neat feature. new update to 0.4.11 was really good. next on list should be notifications and/or auto-refresh.
    It does auto-refresh (check your prefs). Might not be clear since 0.4.11 doesn't have persistent notifications. Those are already in the current test builds, though.
    Someone needs to implement twitpic or similar service.

I havent tried spaz just because the desktop client seamed unstable.

Also I hope one adds laconica support or any Open Micro Blogging! Federated network FTW Public timeline - Identi.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    Someone needs to implement twitpic or similar service.

I havent tried spaz just because the desktop client seamed unstable.

Also I hope one adds laconica support or any Open Micro Blogging! Federated network FTW Public timeline - Identi.ca
    Direct file uploads to services like twitpic are not possible because of limitations in webOS. The next release of Spaz will have image posting via E-mail, though.

I can't comment on your problems with the desktop client (did you ask for help?), but Spaz on webOS is not AIR-based, and was written completely from scratch.

Spaz supports Identi.ca out of the box. Custom laconi.ca installs coming soon.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I've been using Spaz pretty much exclusively. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with it, to the point I really don't use twhirl that much anymore on my pc. My phone is almost always beside me and running spaz. I have noticed it seems like it might be using resources pretty heavily. Especially when it's about to notify of new messages. Though I've not been clearing my cache, I'll give that whirl and see if it helps with the issue.

But it's not even 1. software so I can deal with a little quirkiness. I also much prefer the look/feel of spaz.
    I use mostly Spaz, but I've noticed that it slows down the system much more than Tweed. So I've been using Tweed when running in the background, but Spaz for serious Tweeting.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast