Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyTerry View Post
    Can someone explain to me how the way these two apps have added photo support adds value over just emailing a photo to TwitPic or some other photo site within the camera app? Even seems like less clicks to do it within the camera app. What am I missing?
    Allows doing an @reply or RT with including a picture, which you would have to remember and type back into email otherwise.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Got my pre a couple of days ago and liking it so far! Anyway, it's funny that this exact question is being asked in several other pre forums. Only if we could pull the synergies from all these forums together

My comment on others were that I'd like to see more apps -- specially @tweetdeck for twitter -- show up on the pre. But for now, I use tweed to do my thing. Hit me up at @ankur_shah
    Once the SDK goes public expect an explosion of apps. Cross platforming of existing apps though you should contact the respective companies and discuss them doing so now so they can begin the steps in the dev process.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    You're right and I'm looking forward to the app store blowing up. Palm Pre has all the potential to be for Palm/Sprint what iPod/iPhone is for Apple, IMO.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The Tweed update for posting pics works great. It still uses the email method but it automatically opens the email app, composes the email and attaches the photo so all you have to do is hit send. I posted this pic in 2 seconds from my Pre.

Proof that my cat is evil! on Twitpic
    Quote Originally Posted by erod550 View Post
    The Tweed update for posting pics works great. It still uses the email method but it automatically opens the email app, composes the email and attaches the photo so all you have to do is hit send. I posted this pic in 2 seconds from my Pre.
    They seem to have a slight bug of making a line break at just before 70 characters. This creates a space in the text when Twitpic sends it. Annoying when in a hash tag.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Once the SDK goes public expect an explosion of apps.
    FYI, Palm has opened the SDK/dev platform officially starting today. (Can't post a link due to restrictions set on my profile, sorry)
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Anyone been able to use the 'url' when tweeting in Tweed?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Anyone been able to use the 'url' when tweeting in Tweed?
    Yeah, confused me at first because I was expecting a pop up to enter a URL. Just hit it after you type in or paste a URL and it will shorten it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234