Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    can u search for a friend with Tweed?
    I never used Spaz.
    But Tweed is just so simple I wouldnt even think of switching.
    per tweed, they gave palm an update to tweed. they are waiting for palm to release it in the app catalog.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Tweed is better right now, but really both arent that great. We need Tweetie for the pre.
    I have no idea what Tweetie is like, never had an iPhone.

Tweed is definitely more ahead of the game against Spaz in features, but the developer working on Spaz is working as much as he can on it. While Tweed is my preferred choice, when Spaz has an update I will test the app to test for bugs or missing features and post my thoughts on his site, I honestly would recommend others to do the same if they want the most out of their client.
    Good updates for Tweed.

Spaz really raised the bar with a pretty simple email based work around to post pictures through 4 services to Twitter. I would expect this in Tweed with the next update.
    I have been primarily using Tweed but tried out Spaz recently and have to say that I'm more impressed with Spaz. Now with the new update available in the App Catalog giving me the option to post pics....it's not contest. Spaz wins!!

As a side note, is there a way to add an option to automatically clear the cache? Something like clear cache on close. Just a thought.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Yep. Spaz still has cache issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Good updates for Tweed.

Spaz really raised the bar with a pretty simple email based work around to post pictures through 4 services to Twitter. I would expect this in Tweed with the next update.
    Pic posting is definitely in the next update. Update was aimed for the end of this week/next week, but considering how long it took for Palm to post 0.9.8, I would say the next update will be released around Wednesday.
    An addition to the Go To Top and Go To Bottom would be Go To Mark if one is set. I would think that it is in the middle of the two existing options.
    Tweed is good for me.
    I've been using Tweed for over a month now and never tried spaz because the name didn't mean much to me. But now that it supports picture upload I've tried it and I gotta say that I'm no longer using tweed. Another reason is that with Spaz I can see up to 4 twits per page while with tweed I can only see 2. The search bar on the top really wastes a lot of space for nothing.
    Can someone verify whether or not Spaz can show multiple Twitter accounts at once? I like that Tweed allows multiple cards...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Tweed will have pic uploads too, I think it is coming real soon if I recall from reading the update notes for the newest version. I do agree that the search bar takes up a little bit more than it should but small font I have 4 tweets with search bar and 6-7 once scrolled down a bit. I'm going to make a suggestion to them to reduce the size of the search box or make it a menu or setting toggle option. Spaz appears to support multiple accounts, I don't have more than one twitter account to check if it can have more than one of the same kind of account but I would assume you could.

Last but not least has anyone else noticed that using tweed notifications that it rapidly drains the battery compared to not using them. Up until now I haven't used them since it was buggy. But now that it properly notifies I thought I would give it a go. Problem is turning on the feature, no other changes and still normal use, I went from 100% down to 25% in 8 hours where as without the setting turned on I got 16 hours from 100% down to 0%. That means the battery drains about 33% faster with the notifications turned on in tweed. Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Spaz appears to support multiple accounts, I don't have more than one twitter account to check if it can have more than one of the same kind of account but I would assume you could.
    Spaz definitely does support multiple accounts. What I can't figure out is how to open multiple accounts at the same time. With Tweed, you can easily open multiple accounts in separate cards; I can't see if there's a way to do the same with Spaz. So far, it seems to me like that's not possible, which gives Tweed a huge advantage.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  16. zxi
    I wish Tweed had photo support!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I've been using Tweed for over a month now and never tried spaz because the name didn't mean much to me. But now that it supports picture upload I've tried it and I gotta say that I'm no longer using tweed. Another reason is that with Spaz I can see up to 4 twits per page while with tweed I can only see 2. The search bar on the top really wastes a lot of space for nothing.

what are twits?

I wish Tweed had photo support!
    it will, in the next release. it should be soon.
    Felipe
    tweedv0.9.10 has been submitted Palm. It should hit App Catalog soon. (photo integration and sound/vibrate settings for notifications)28 minutes ago from Tweed
    . on Twitpic
    Felipe
    Can someone explain to me how the way these two apps have added photo support adds value over just emailing a photo to TwitPic or some other photo site within the camera app? Even seems like less clicks to do it within the camera app. What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyTerry View Post
    Can someone explain to me how the way these two apps have added photo support adds value over just emailing a photo to TwitPic or some other photo site within the camera app? Even seems like less clicks to do it within the camera app. What am I missing?
    I'm thinking it might have to do with being similar in style to sending MMS messages. It sort of makes sense to me even though I don't use the pic feature, heck I've never really send any MMS msgs before either.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast