Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    Someone needs to implement twitpic or similar service.

I havent tried spaz just because the desktop client seamed unstable.

Also I hope one adds laconica support or any Open Micro Blogging! Federated network FTW Public timeline - Identi.ca
    I'm assuming in order for this to happen they have to work it into how the integrated uploading to facebook and photobucket work. There was a statement from the people over at tweed about working with palm on a solution for uploading pics through the twitter clients. I think ultimately the idea is to make it so everything is seamless with webOS so that it is as simple as possible. I really like the idea of the current integration we get from synergy. Further integration probably would remove the need for certain features to be present in 3rd party apps. For example there would be no need for a facebook app if the features people expect to get in it are integrated into contacts, messaging, etc. I figure ultimately we will see all sorts of integration so we won't have a zillion 3rd party apps to handle common tasks that tie our mobile with web based services and networks.
    Anyone else getting alerts from Tweed about updates, then no updates have happened?
    Yup, same problem here...
    Having used both Tweed (and more recently) Spaz, overall I like Spaz a lot better. I've been testing beta releases and the next release of Spaz is shaping up nicely. I was initially turned off by the Spaz UI until I resized the text fonts to large. Now it's great. The Spaz UI is awesome (other than that I occasionally drill into a tweet when I'm trying to scroll. Something chewed up a lot of by battery life to day, maybe it's Spaz. I'm still in the process of figuring out Spaz, but other than the possible battery life issue, I like what I see so far.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Anyone else getting alerts from Tweed about updates, then no updates have happened?
    It's a known issue, the developer is currently working on a fix
    i have both on the pre, but since i started with tweed, im not using spaz as much as i should to test it.

what i like about spaz so far: i do like the look (black), but the icon has to go. i like that it puts messages @ you in the timeline, and i like how they show the text you are replying to above. not a fan of having to tap the message, the message comes up and then you tap reply, retweet, etc. tweed handles this better with the pop up menu.

it seems, for the most part they do the same thing different ways.

in spaz, it you tap a user pic, it takes you to user details where you can interact with the user and/or message. while in tweed, you get recent post by the user, and if you tap the pic again, you can interact with the user, but not the messages. i like the way tweed does it.

it might just come down to the fact that i started using tweed first.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    What I like is that the developer for Spaz posted in this thread repeatedly and it seemed like nobody noticed.
    Update from Tweed on their solution to picture uploading: Christian Sepulveda - Tweed: Photo Upload Update
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    What I like is that the developer for Spaz posted in this thread repeatedly and it seemed like nobody noticed.
    (I noticed.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    Update from Tweed on their solution to picture uploading: Christian Sepulveda - Tweed: Photo Upload Update
    new version on the 6th.

Christian Sepulveda - Tweed: Preview of v0.9.8

Tweed: Preview of v0.9.8
    edit Posted by Christian Sepulveda on Saturday July 04, 2009 at 08:37PM Bug Fixes

• false notification reports
    • timeline marker not being preserved when Load More is tapped
    • loading spinner hanging when minimizing during a load
    • preserve tweet position on refresh

Features

• configure notifications: individually turn on/off DM, home, replies
    • Tap header: option to jump to top/bottom of timeline
    • When loading a timeline, start with marker (if present)
    • a few more....

We expect this release to hit App Catalog early part of this week, July 6.
    Felipe
    Both developers are very responsive to their users. Tweed devs will respond to tweets to @Tweed, and Spaz developer, funkatron, is responsive in several places, either tweets or his own support forum.

At the moment I will say I like Spaz UI visually. But the interface is a little cumbersome, like a previous poster, I like how Tweed lets you perform several actions with a menu instead of loading a whole scene like Spaz does.

While I prefer Tweed at the moment, I still test out every version of Spaz as well and send the developer my thoughts and issues, originally over twitter, now on his forum. I suggest if anyone has any issues, they should direct them to the developers as they make themselves available as possible for any kind of feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by funka7ron View Post
    Direct file uploads to services like twitpic are not possible because of limitations in webOS. The next release of Spaz will have image posting via E-mail, though.
    I would love to hear more about this option - can you explain how it will work? Any ETA?

thanks,
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by funka7ron View Post
    It does auto-refresh (check your prefs). Might not be clear since 0.4.11 doesn't have persistent notifications. Those are already in the current test builds, though.
    I'm confused about the auto-refresh feature. Is this supposed to refresh in the "background" (i.e., in a running card that's not in the foreground)? Because I don't seem to be seeing that happen--I still need to hit the refresh button when I bring the card to the forefront to get new tweets (and, that's outside the 15 minute window I have it set for).

Also, is there any way to open multiple Twitter accounts at the same time?

Thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I would love to hear more about this option - can you explain how it will work? Any ETA?

thanks,
    Brian

probably something that will open up the mail app with an address already filled in.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    probably something that will open up the mail app with an address already filled in.
    Probably similar to how the Evernote app does it. Just sends an email with the pic attached to the Evernote incoming email address that's assigned to each account. Works just fine.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Tweed now has a conversation view, and that makes it win, hands down. I also prefer the darker UI of Spaz, in addition to the standard Tweet view. But I think Tweed will end up having a dark theme option, and maybe they'll condense their "medium font" view to be less spaced out.

Oh look! Tweed just told me I have new tweets. Excuse me as I check them...
    I think they are both great apps, I keep going back and forth, neither have caused me to abandon the other. Both are so much better than anything I used on WinMo.

I do seem to have more errant actions in Spaz, haven't really pinpointed what I'm doing exactly.

Another minor issue with Spaz is scrolling seems kind of jittery, anybody see that?
    I've been primarily using Tweed and fell in love with it. Downloading Spaz now to see how it stacks up.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Tweed now has a conversation view, and that makes it win, hands down. I also prefer the darker UI of Spaz, in addition to the standard Tweet view. But I think Tweed will end up having a dark theme option, and maybe they'll condense their "medium font" view to be less spaced out.

Oh look! Tweed just told me I have new tweets. Excuse me as I check them...

what version are you using?
    Felipe
    I'll admit I'm a bit of a novice twitterer (Pre101) but I tried both apps and I found Tweed easier to use. The menu that drops down to give you quick access to Home/Trending Topics/etc. seems to be a very nice feature. I also like the popup when you click a message that allows for reply/retweet/mark and displays the URL(s?) in the message for easy clicking. Finally, I have a problem with the way Spaz scrolls messages. The bottom-most message is obscured by the icons at the bottom while Tweed's are not.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast