1.    #1  
    Bought Classic yesterday and it worked fine. Today, I installed the 1.0.3 update and now Classic no longer works. I get the attached screen when Classic starts. "Reset in safe mode" does not work. Same result.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Connect the Pre to your computer in USB Drive mode, and delete the ClassicApps folder. There shouldn't be anything in there you need. That should make classic start working again.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    metsfan, that did it. Thank you.
    Thanks metsfan! I see Motionapps's instructions on their web site under FAQ.

I still have a problem though: where do I put my PalmOS databases to have them work with Classic? For example, I want to copy over my old tasks file (TasksDB-PTod.pdb). I tried putting them in:
    ClassicApps
    ClassicApps/Install (but that gave the blue screen on Classic startup again!)
    ClassicApps/PALM

but none of those seemed to work.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jemonat View Post
    Thanks metsfan! I see Motionapps's instructions on their web site under FAQ.

I still have a problem though: where do I put my PalmOS databases to have them work with Classic? For example, I want to copy over my old tasks file (TasksDB-PTod.pdb). I tried putting them in:
    ClassicApps
    ClassicApps/Install (but that gave the blue screen on Classic startup again!)
    ClassicApps/PALM

but none of those seemed to work.

Thanks!
    Try:

ClassicApps/PALM/Install

You may have to create the Install folder yourself.
    Thanks for the suggestion, procure. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have worked: I created the ClassicApps/PALM/Install folder and moved .pdb files there, but they're still not showing up in the PalmOS apps they belong to...
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    Try:

ClassicApps/PALM/Install

You may have to create the Install folder yourself.
    MotionApps FAQ really isn't very clear on this, but yes: Delete the entire truckin' ClassicApps subdir under the USB drive, detatch the USB drive and then Classic will create a new one with the directory structure it wants. (Supposedly it creates puts your previously installed programs in the place it wants them. I installed Classic for the first time after updating to 1.03.

You then stop Classic and remount the USB drive. Now copy any new prc files into the ClassicApps/PALM/Install/ directory (which should have been created by Classic when you reran it).

Now eject the USB drive and start up Classic again.
    Now choose the "Internal" SD card" from the Applications (Home) page in the emulated PalmOS. You should see a PalmOS icon for the program you are installing. When you click on it, it should install the program (presumably moving it into the ClassicApps/PALM/Launcher (I think) folder.

I hope this helps,

<soapboxOn>
    This is a classic case of MotionApps not testing their code before deploying it in the wild. My fresh install on 1.03 is definitely not a corner case. They had no excuse to screw up even this simple case.
    </soapboxOff>

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jemonat View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, procure. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have worked: I created the ClassicApps/PALM/Install folder and moved .pdb files there, but they're still not showing up in the PalmOS apps they belong to...
    Try the instructions I just made in the previous post. I did not see to be able to get installs to work (intuitively) at first either (but I was just guessing where they should go the first time). Then I RTFM'ed, which was confusing, but I got things to work with a combination of reading the FAQ and trial and error. Maybe there was some magic in trying multiple times. If the above instructions don't work, let us know (especially if you find a magic sequence of steps that did work for you).

thx, -- Bob
    I tried all the same things and continue to get the BSOD - the tech support people at MotionApps told me I should try to install the databases one at a time. I tried just the memo database and got the same BSOD... I actually once had some programs that ran before MotionApps sent out their ROMupdater-after that it crashed the few programs I had running.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastoral View Post
    I tried all the same things and continue to get the BSOD - the tech support people at MotionApps told me I should try to install the databases one at a time. I tried just the memo database and got the same BSOD... I actually once had some programs that ran before MotionApps sent out their ROMupdater-after that it crashed the few programs I had running.
    Just a longshot about one more thing that might be causing your problem: Since I was a fresh install, I left out one more step they listed on their FAQs page. That was removing the previous ROM updater. They say you don't need it anymore. If you haven't removed it yet, go to their FAQs page and follow the steps. If you're talking with MotionApps support, I doubt this is the case, but I just thought I'd mention it in case you did not see that step.
    FOund out Resco Explorer is your Pre Classic's best friend.

Just copy anything to the Palm/Launcher folder and then install to RAM using Explorer... installed my apps using this method.

anything i put in the INstall folder gives me the BSOD.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    See my posts under "Classic Users - do not apply 1.0.3 update!", page 3 posts #52 &53. I got Classic to install pdbs, but not the way MotionApps said. (I don't have enough posts yet to add a link.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    FOund out Resco Explorer is your Pre Classic's best friend.

Just copy anything to the Palm/Launcher folder and then install to RAM using Explorer... installed my apps using this method.

anything i put in the INstall folder gives me the BSOD.
    Incredibly helpful. Thanks!