Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 582
  1. NOLApre's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #121  
    can someone else please download this file and package it then upload it to the forum so we can download it? please? numerous people have offered to host it, etc. with no response.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Ok, I created an ipk file but don't have hosting for it.
    I have setup a FTP site just for your ipk, if you could PM me, I do not have enough posts yet. I will send you the information.
  3. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #123  
    I created the package however the service issue is the service has issues installing which prevents the flashlight app from installing. So what I did was split the flashlight app and the prelease service into 2 installs. Some people way want the service but not the flashlight app.

    I will upload the flashlight app to the forums here and you can click the email link but it wont work without the application running. I would prefer to both upload them at the same time to prevent users complaining that the application doesn't work.
  4. #124  
    Is the issue that the background service won't run without rooting? Just the flashlight with the app on? I would enjoy that as a start. :P
  5. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #125  
    I figured the app would work like that anyway... Then if you swipe it away the flashlight would go off... Right?
  6. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I created the package however the service issue is the service has issues installing which prevents the flashlight app from installing. So what I did was split the flashlight app and the prelease service into 2 installs. Some people way want the service but not the flashlight app.

    I will upload the flashlight app to the forums here and you can click the email link but it wont work without the application running. I would prefer to both upload them at the same time to prevent users complaining that the application doesn't work.
    did u actually upload it or did i just miss it somehwere... this is a gfreat app and i cant wait for others, you dev's are great!
  7. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #127  
    No, the flashlight requires the service to run. If you install the flashlight it will only install into the /var directory which will not allow the chmod as it doesn't allow postinst scripts to run. I can make the .ipk files but you will need to have root access to install them.

    The good new is all you do is type in one line and it will install for you .
  8. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #128  
    ooooo as in all i have to do is the updownupdown... yada yada and it will work or do i have to open the command prompt or whatever and write a line?

    also are u working on a version that will work without rooting :-D ???
  9. xtkxhom3r's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #129  
    nice app thanks bro!
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    ooooo as in all i have to do is the updownupdown... yada yada and it will work or do i have to open the command prompt or whatever and write a line?

    also are u working on a version that will work without rooting :-D ???
    Nope, it is a bit more complicated then that.

    pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access

    Don't skip any steps .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11. xtkxhom3r's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #131  
    i know rooting will have infinite possibilities but whats available right now for a rooted pre besides this flashlight app?
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKxhom3r View Post
    i know rooting will have infinite possibilities but whats available right now for a rooted pre besides this flashlight app?
    The tip calculator. That's it for now.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  13. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKxhom3r View Post
    i know rooting will have infinite possibilities but whats available right now for a rooted pre besides this flashlight app?
    on the wiki seems like they have been doing some great work - even finding out how to allow downloading from the browser... idk if i want to mess around with adding code and such, im pretty new to all this - it would be awesome if someone made a step by step "for idiots" guide
  14. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    ooooo as in all i have to do is the updownupdown... yada yada and it will work or do i have to open the command prompt or whatever and write a line?

    also are u working on a version that will work without rooting :-D ???
    Not at this time since we have yet to be able to work the flash without using a shell script.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    it would be awesome if someone made a step by step "for idiots" guide
    I completely agree...

    I know I keep hearing go to the Wiki and such, but in all honesty, the Wiki, including some of the Devs keep mentioning that if you're a n00b and don't understand, don't bother.

    In all honesty, I'm a n00b, but I don't WANT to be. I'm willing to learn, and will most probably, when I get my Pre, be willing to experiment...

    : /

    *sits and waits*
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    on the wiki seems like they have been doing some great work - even finding out how to allow downloading from the browser... idk if i want to mess around with adding code and such, im pretty new to all this - it would be awesome if someone made a step by step "for idiots" guide
    If you don't know about Linux I suggest you stay away from rooting because of the harm it may cause even though the webOS Reset Doctor is available to download. You can always read any book on Linux .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    No, the flashlight requires the service to run. If you install the flashlight it will only install into the /var directory which will not allow the chmod as it doesn't allow postinst scripts to run. I can make the .ipk files but you will need to have root access to install them.

    The good new is all you do is type in one line and it will install for you .
    My Pre is rooted, where is the ipk so I can install the flashlight app?
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKxhom3r View Post
    i know rooting will have infinite possibilities but whats available right now for a rooted pre besides this flashlight app?
    roam only hack
    multiple pages
    time stamps for texting
    cpu-scaling
    lenght of time for talk
    USBNet
    Tethering
    landscape pdf
    downlaoding songs off amazon via evdo
    screen lock controllers for time i added 15sec, 5min, never
    enabling more cat in mcraig

    all of which i have done and many more... that i havent done
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    The tip calculator. That's it for now.
    No - there's the app on our site to change your notification tones and alerts, and reset them to default. It's being copied on here.

    We have more coming soon too!
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    No - there's the app on our site to change your notification tones and alerts, and reset them to default. It's being copied on here.

    We have more coming soon too!
    Ah yes, forgot about that one and this one as well: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ng-needed.html
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions