Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    My programing ignorance is significant. How might I modify it to create a new thread? My skillset currently centers around stumbling through what you've already done and replacing your scripts

The script I'm trying to run is about that which must not be named.

just a simple:

while true; do
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    sleep 10
    done
    Quote Originally Posted by jterhune View Post
    My programing ignorance is significant. How might I modify it to create a new thread? My skillset currently centers around stumbling through what you've already done and replacing your scripts

The script I'm trying to run is about that which must not be named.

just a simple:

while true; do
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    sleep 10
    done
    very cool idea great for tethering i dont know if you have been fallowing along on the tethering thread but is there anyway you can write a script to 'stop/start PmConnectionManager' as well tethering works much better when you 'stop PmConnectionManager' then running the tethering.sh script
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    So what I would do is create a thread (loopThread) which will run the loop. Then have the main application (when the switch is flicked) to kill the thread to stop the loop. OR

have the main application thread change a variable inside the loopThread which will cause the loop to stop.

Is this script in Java or Javascript?
    This is a straight bash script called with:

('palm://com.pregame.prelease', {
    method: 'runCmd',
    parameters: {
    cmd: '/usr/palm/applications/com.pregame.app.tethering/app/scripts/tetheringon.sh'
    }
    });

Can i have actions in the javascript app affect variables within a bash loop?
    Also going to play around with using the start-stop-daemon as an option.
    start-stop-daemon is magic! Everything is playing nice now. Now, once I get ad-hoc networking working and dhcpd installed it'll just be one switch to flip for instant wireless hotspot.
    PreGame, what license are you releasing all this under? I don't want to release any modifications unless you are okay with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jterhune View Post
    PreGame, what license are you releasing all this under? I don't want to release any modifications unless you are okay with it.
    Cool deal. I've been tethering using usbnet today and it works great you think you can also configure an app for the switch just to run the script and start stop and post that I think I'd preffer doing i t over usb net rather then wifi. Seems more secure more reliable and keeps the pre charged.
    So the link... Does this now install via email? I've been following your progress diligently but may have missed something.
    I see in your edited first post an email link, but am not sure if it is a ipk file or not
    thanks again for all your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    So the link... Does this now install via email? I've been following your progress diligently but may have missed something.
    I see in your edited first post an email link, but am not sure if it is a ipk file or not
    thanks again for all your work.
    Nope, you should still telnet or SSH in and untar the file in the root of your Pre. It works great now! Thanks PreGame.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Any word on getting the flashlight packaged into an .ipk? Unforutnatley I don't have access to a virtual machine or linux box right now or I would take care of the packaging.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
    Any word on getting the flashlight packaged into an .ipk? Unforutnatley I don't have access to a virtual machine or linux box right now or I would take care of the packaging.
    this +2349348468
    Has anyone tried using google maps after applying this mod. i just tried and google maps just wont open.

Update:
    okay i just reset the phone and it started working
    Love the flashlight. I was wondering if there could be a variable brigthness switch that would adjust brightness according to rotation of the phone. Portrait could be full brightness all the way down to dim in landscape. Anyways, loving the work you and the community are laying out!

Thanks
    So is anyone working on packaging this. I would love to have it, but all my computers are running Win7, so when I root my Pre I need to borrow my fathers laptop. He is out of town for a few days, and I'd love to have this via the email install.
    Quote Originally Posted by JWille View Post
    Love the flashlight. I was wondering if there could be a variable brigthness switch that would adjust brightness according to rotation of the phone. Portrait could be full brightness all the way down to dim in landscape. Anyways, loving the work you and the community are laying out!

Thanks
    What would you do if you want it on full brightness while holding it in landscape?

I think just a slider you pull from left to right, is alot better.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Edit: Ok, this is a VERY ROUGH BETA ipk of PreGame's superb Flashlight app. If anyone is willing to beta test this be my guest. Keep in mind if it does mess up your Pre (which it could) have the webOS doctor handy.

Let me know if any of you are brave enough to test it (I wish I had the dang SDK).

Edit 2: Here is the ipk: http://tinyurl.com/mzy9yj

Good luck!
    Anyone try this yet?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Edit: Ok, this is a VERY ROUGH BETA ipk of PreGame's superb Flashlight app. If anyone is willing to beta test this be my guest. Keep in mind if it does mess up your Pre (which it could) have the webOS doctor handy.

Let me know if any of you are brave enough to test it (I wish I had the dang SDK).

Edit 2: Here is the ipk: http://tinyurl.com/mzy9yj

Good luck!
    I tried it but it does not show up in the launcher. Tip calculator worked fine so I don't think its user error but I could be wrong.
    I've tried it as well, had the same result as Brotato.

Thanks for putting your time in to this by the way :P.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Didn't work for me either. Check updated instructions on the wiki. There is also now a packaging script by 'quailish' that might make it easier for you. Some are now reporting the app must be installed in /usr/palm and not /var/usr/palm. You also may have to put a lead ./ in the control.tar.gz. See updated wiki.

pre dev wiki: Installing Homebrew Apps on Stock Pre without Rooting
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast