Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 582
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    How often do you use your tactical flashlight to disorient an attacker? I mean, you say it works very well, I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion.
    Generally this is done with force on force training scenarios. The best option used to be simunition (wax bullets in real firearms). However, this opens up the possibility of someone not following the rule of no live ammo anywhere near the simulation site. Currently, good air soft firearms work almost as well, but don't hurt as bad when getting hit.

    Having used and had a strobe light used on me, it works very well. You don't identify motion of the light as well, so you can be in motion before the strobee is aware of it. However, the light used was a 3 W LED, far brighter than the flash on a Pre. It improved the survival of certain scenarios more than statistical error.
  2. twizted25's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Are you able to get this app into non-rooted phones via the e-mail hole exploited by Xorg et. al.?
    Hope to see this in the near future
  3. #63  
    Could doctors use this flashlight to examine patients eyes? or it is too intensive for that? Maybe this flashlight app needs some intensity options with different modes.
  4. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #64  
    So just an update. The service is starting on it's own it seems though that i needs to be woken up... If i use the app after a reboot it will not turn on but I then root into the phone and do luna-send -n 1 palm://com.pregame.prelease/version {} and it responds with the version number then i can use the app and the light turns on.

    Strange, I will keep you posted.


    And as for using this on non rooted pre's that is the plan however I have to get a few more things working that way you do not have to chmod the .sh files.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    So just an update. The service is starting on it's own it seems though that i needs to be woken up... If i use the app after a reboot it will not turn on but I then root into the phone and do luna-send -n 1 palm://com.pregame.prelease/version {} and it responds with the version number then i can use the app and the light turns on.

    Strange, I will keep you posted.


    And as for using this on non rooted pre's that is the plan however I have to get a few more things working that way you do not have to chmod the .sh files.
    let me know what you come up with i will be more the happy to test it. has there been anyone else that has installed this app and got it working?
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Could doctors use this flashlight to examine patients eyes? or it is too intensive for that? Maybe this flashlight app needs some intensity options with different modes.
    It seems quite intensive to use for the eyes. It is a very bright Luxeon LED and could possibly damage vision.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  7. jclusso's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    OK, I attached a .zip of the file in the original post. Inside the .zip is the .tar. Just put that in your base / directory and run the untar. It should create the directories and add them where needed if not sorry, I have never used untar.

    There is a Service I created which is required for the script to work. I am in the middle of getting rid of the .sh scripts but I haven't had time to fine tune it so for now just deal with having a .sh script to turn the light on and off.

    IT IS VERY LATE so sorry if the readme sucks!
    Do you know how to control the LED and brightness without the shell scripts?
  8. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #68  
    Ok I fixed the application to work on reboot. I will be posting the update here in a little bit as well as working on an ipk version.
  9. #69  
    Bring it on! I want to email it to myself!
    Thanks by the wAy!
  10. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #70  
    .zip file has been updated.

    You may need to remove the old com.pregame.app.flashlight app.

    I also updated the readme with untar directions.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Ok I fixed the application to work on reboot. I will be posting the update here in a little bit as well as working on an ipk version.
    cant wait!
  12. tygern8r's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #72  
    Thanks for all your work!
  13. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #73  
    You will need to redownload the file. I forgot to zip up one of them.
  14. #74  
    well done works great now!!... one problem i had last night was when i had the light on for like a min i tried hitting the switch to off it did not work. i havent tried it on this update yet... but the way i got it to work is i flicked away the card re opened the app and had to flick on then off and it turned it off. anyone else run into this?

    Update:

    Okay i tested it now.. and seems to be working without any flukes! let us know if you ever put options for brightness that be cool.
    Last edited by jack87; 06/23/2009 at 03:00 PM.
  15. #75  
    PreGame,

    I'd PM you for this but I don't have enough posts yet.

    First of all I'd like to say thanks for such an amazing application.

    I had a question about using the Prelease service to launch other scripts and a possible bug I may have found.

    I'm trying to use the service for a script that contains a loop. My idea was flipping the switch on to launch that script, and flipping it off to launch another script that kills the PID of the main one.

    The first half works fine, but it appears that if Prelease launches a script, it cannot launch another script until the first process closes. This means that as soon as I flip the process on, I can no longer flip it off because the loop is running. I have to manually ssh in to kill the process, or reboot the phone. This also of course kills the flashlight app.

    Any ideas? Is this an architectural limitation that I should use a ghetto workaround for?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jterhune View Post
    PreGame,

    I'd PM you for this but I don't have enough posts yet.

    First of all I'd like to say thanks for such an amazing application.

    I had a question about using the Prelease service to launch other scripts and a possible bug I may have found.

    I'm trying to use the service for a script that contains a loop. My idea was flipping the switch on to launch that script, and flipping it off to launch another script that kills the PID of the main one.

    The first half works fine, but it appears that if Prelease launches a script, it cannot launch another script until the first process closes. This means that as soon as I flip the process on, I can no longer flip it off because the loop is running. I have to manually ssh in to kill the process, or reboot the phone. This also of course kills the flashlight app.

    Any ideas? Is this an architectural limitation that I should use a ghetto workaround for?
    i dont know if you are using his first release or his new one.. i say delete everything you have re-download the zip and install it then try whatever yo are doing again.. it might fix your problem because has fixed the issue the flashlight had with rebooting... and at first after awhile the off switch on the flash light did not work till you flicked the app closed and reopened it.. seems like that is fixed as well... so download the zip one more time and do your thing
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    i dont know if you are using his first release or his new one.. i say delete everything you have re-download the zip and install it then try whatever yo are doing again.. it might fix your problem because has fixed the issue the flashlight had with rebooting... and at first after awhile the off switch on the flash light did not work till you flicked the app closed and reopened it.. seems like that is fixed as well... so download the zip one more time and do your thing
    It doesn't look like anything in the Prelease service changed in the update. I believe the main thing that got added was an event.d script to ping the service so that it would start responding after reboot.

    The flashlight works perfect after a reboot. I had already made an event.d entry similar to the one in the new version (new one was cleaner, so I replaced mine). It just stops working as soon as a script that contains a loop is launched from the Prelease service.
  18. #78  
    too bad i'm sorry just thought it was worth a shot
  19. #79  
    so pregame do you have a ipk version up and if so where is the link located?
  20. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #80  
    I believe your issue is that your script is 'stuck' in the loop in it's own thread so it is unable to switch it off. Try creating a thread when the switch is flipped so see if that resolves the issue.

    You can post the script code here and I can see if I can figure it out.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions