Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I believe WebOSQuickInstall.
    If you want dependency information to be automatically honoured, you need to use Preware.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you want dependency information to be automatically honoured, you need to use Preware.

-- Rod
    Thanks, now I know better. Nevertheless, more info in the description the better.
    Even though I erase this app.. it always pops up back when i download another .. can someone tell me why.. and how can i get rid of this app for good?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    If you update to the latest version it should fix the removal bug at which point you can remove it. There was an issue with the id not matching the naming scheme which prevented it from being removed but that has been fixed.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Is this app supposed to be compatible with the Pixi as well? If not, will it be made available to Pixi users in the near future? I tried to download and run it on my Pixi and couldn't get it to work...
    is this app 1.4.5 compatible? It's not turning on my flashlight. If I can get it to work, it might b the only way I can toggle the flashlight with the ringer swich using mode switcher right now. Thanks.

edit: and now it's working! Sometimes, light can get stuck on if I'm switching it too fast, but it wrks!

edit: oic what's getting it stuck; turning the ringe off, thus closing the mode and the flashlight app wile the screen is locked. Light Doesn't seem to get stuck on when I close the mode wile the screen is on... Could that be an update?!

edit: or I could use a "force led light off" app
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 09/14/2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Myflashlight application loads everytime I reboot or log on even though I delete it. How can I take it out permanently?
    Quote Originally Posted by FugiLane View Post
    Is this app supposed to be compatible with the Pixi as well? If not, will it be made available to Pixi users in the near future? I tried to download and run it on my Pixi and couldn't get it to work...
    I am wondering the same thing. I have downloaded other flashlight apps and none of them work. I have the Pixi with the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexd757 View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. I have downloaded other flashlight apps and none of them work. I have the Pixi with the latest version.
    There is no flashlight app that uses the camera LED available for the Pixi.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    There is no flashlight app that uses the camera LED available for the Pixi.

-- Rod
    Is it due to the differences of hardware between the Pixi and Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexd757 View Post
    Is it due to the differences of hardware between the Pixi and Pre?
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    And let me guess. There is no software loophole either.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    recently I replaced my unit and I tried to download it again and an error came up after trying to install another package it needed. It says error on ipkg error. Is this something that can be fix? I think is the best app. When it coes to Flashlight really esay to use and it comes very handy on the phone to have it. Thanks for anything that can be done.
    I get an error trying to install also on my new pre, but the flashlight app works fine. The error is that the url is inbalid.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have the same error...
    Why use this app at all on the pre just use LED Torch.
    I apologize if this has already been addressed in the 29 pages of this thread, but I'm having difficulties installing this. I installed the LED Manager Service, and then I try to install this but it comes up with an error and says package discrepancies not satisfied....any ideas?
    I am having poblems downloading the LED manager service that is required to install the myflashlight app. Any suggestions?

thanks
    Had no luck downloading "MyFlashlight". It hung and never finished. When I came here and saw posts not being answered I tried the suggested "LED Torch" (also on PreWare) and it downloaded and worked fine.

Too bad... I had an earlier version of "MyFlashlight" and then on a previous OS upgrade, it was no longer available and then I saw it was back.

But if you can't download it, time to move on. Sorry... tried to be loyal, but it seems posts aren't being answered here so I moved on.
    Same as above poster, tried to download it but it froze and would not install. Tried to install required service separately but that also froze. Going to try LED Torch instead.

If it doesn't work, it should be removed from the feeds.