Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930 LastLast
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandarmuthe View Post
    May I know the new name.
    Is it essential to use service com.pregame.prelease to delete the files?.
    Is there any alternative?
    The new application is called myFlashlight and the service it requires is LED Manager.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Im unable to uninstall the my flashlight app by pregame..each time I delete it reappears after I restart luna...any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    Im unable to uninstall the my flashlight app by pregame..each time I delete it reappears after I restart luna...any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem
    Nevermind, used preware to remove it and it hasn't returned
    Ok, if you're not aware, WebOS update to 1.4 hit yesterday unleashing, finally, video.

One problem, in video mode - there's no light. The myFlashlight app is perfect for a video light. Problem though, somehow the camera application interrupts myFlashlight. Is this something that could be fixed?
    Last edited by holy_handgrenade; 03/06/2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: correction to app name
    Quote Originally Posted by holy_handgrenade View Post
    Ok, if you're not aware, WebOS update to 1.4 hit yesterday unleashing, finally, video.

One problem, in video mode - there's no light. The myFlashlight app is perfect for a video light. Problem though, somehow the camera application interrupts myFlashlight. Is this something that could be fixed?
    *cough* http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lashlight.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thanks Jason!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    found the issue with it not actually uninstalling the app. I will fix it and post an update.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    any luck on fixing removing the app?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Yep the updated version in Preware fixes the remove issue.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    just downloaded again after visiting the doctor.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Hey just so you know, the app still reappears after uninstalling the traditional way. I just read above about uninstalling it through preware so I'll try that. Just thought you ought to know that the problem persists.
    I have Web OS ver 1.4.1.1. When I execute the app, the flash no longer activates. Yes I do have the LED MANAGER service installed too. Did I miss something or has the app not been updated to work with this version of Web OS? It worked for me previously.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    it works for me on 1.4.1.1 I would recommend possibly uninstalling both the service and app via preware and try reinstalling.

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torpedomagnet View Post
    Hey just so you know, the app still reappears after uninstalling the traditional way. I just read above about uninstalling it through preware so I'll try that. Just thought you ought to know that the problem persists.
    Do you have the current version from preware? The updated version has been updated in preware but not precentral.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    How do you remove this app? It comes back after reset. I read to use preware but how does that work?

Found preware and will try that.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Preware is outstanding. I am spending way too much time playing with this poor phone. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    The new application is called myFlashlight and the service it requires is LED Manager.
    I installed myFlashlight, and it didn't work. That is, until I installed LED Manager and restarted the phone. I think it would be clearer to potential users to list on the myFlashlight page that LED Manager must be installed first. Currently the description only says "Flashlight which uses the LEDManager service to enable/disable the flash LED" - this is not clear that it is required.

Great app once it's working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I installed myFlashlight, and it didn't work. That is, until I installed LED Manager and restarted the phone. I think it would be clearer to potential users to list on the myFlashlight page that LED Manager must be installed first. Currently the description only says "Flashlight which uses the LEDManager service to enable/disable the flash LED" - this is not clear that it is required.

Great app once it's working.
    Preware automatically installs the dependency - what tool did you use to install it that ignored that dependency information encoded into the package metadata?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware automatically installs the dependency - what tool did you use to install it that ignored that dependency information encoded into the package metadata?

-- Rod
    I believe WebOSQuickInstall.